Seven

Ginny made a promise to herself. She wasn't going to go any further in terms of her relationship without getting some answers. This meant no more meeting up with Naomi in private, no more secret dates. She would do absolutely nothing until she got answers. 

It just so happened that as she made this decision that they had scheduled a meet up for that night. The girls usually met in a secluded corner of the library twice a week on a Tuesday night and a Thursday night. They had been doing this since they had started their relationship. The pair would sit for two or three hours in each others presence, working on their school work and stealing small intimate moments whenever they could. 

Ginny was aware just how much these little meet ups meant to Naomi. And therefore, she knew it would be the best time to make her point to do this little rebellion act to the secrecy of their relationship tonight. It would hit just the way she intended if she carried out her plans tonight. She would instead of showing up herself send her personal owl to deliver a message. The message would detail how she intended to not show up to any of their previously arranged 'dates' until she got the answers she so desperately required. 

And as she promised to herself, later that evening Ginny did not leave her room in order to walk to the library. Rather she moved into the common room where her brother and his friends sat and settled on the sofa to play a couple of games of exploding snap. Not even bothering to think about how the Slytherin might be acting as she sat waiting for someone to arrive who wasn't going to come. 

Naomi was perplexed as she sat alone at the familiar table in the library. Ginny was nowhere to be seen and now she was an hour late. Sure Ginny wasn't the most punctual human being ever. She had the audacity to normally turn up ten minutes late to whatever time they stated. Yet her being an hour late was very much so out of character for the girl. And it worried Naomi immensely. 

She couldn't help but let her thoughts wander to just where the other girl could be in this present moment in time. Firstly, she thought of how perhaps she might have forgotten Ginny mentioning that she couldn't make tonight. Had the girl stated there was to be Quidditch practice tonight and Naomi had just forgotten? Was there something going on in the common room that Ginny had to attend? But Naomi liked to pride herself on the fact that she would have remembered something had Ginny informed her previously that she couldn't come. 

Her next logical line of thought was that Ginny had perhaps gotten detention that evening and was held up in a classroom somewhere, most likely the dungeons, doing some form of punishment for her behaviour. Yet Naomi and Ginny shared all but two classes and therefore, she was sure the girl had not gotten in trouble up to now which would have deemed her needing to serve detention. 

Finally her illogical thoughts took over where she assumed that considering Ginny had not turned up that something must have happened to the girl. She must have been injured, perhaps hexed or jinxed by another student. And therefore, her health was in jeopardy and she was currently in the medical wing receiving treatment. This was the thing that worried her most. Ginny meant a lot to Naomi despite them only having been together for a few months now. It was a short time to be together and Naomi wasn't sure she could call it love right now. But she knew that the feelings she felt were immense and growing and that she deeply cared for the slightly shorter and slightly younger girl. To the point that her being late was enough to upset her.

She never took a second to assume that she had done anything wrong. She couldn't even recall a moment when she possibly could have done something that would have upset the other girl. Rather she assumed perhaps Ginny was just running late. And therefore, she stayed in the seat for the entire duration of their normal time spent in the library waiting to see if Ginny would turn up. She tried to distract herself from checking the time every couple of minutes by doing the homework she had been assigned that day. Yet without Ginny sat beside her at the desk, Naomi was making no progress her mind constantly shifting to the other girl and her eyes to the silver watch she wore on her left wrist. 

As the time ticked on to when the pair would be getting ready to part ways for the night, Naomi began to give up on seeing the girl appear. She wondered if Ginny had forgotten about her. If she had been offered something better than spending time with Naomi. Yet a small part of her remained onto the sliver of hope that the other girl would come running through the door apologising for having missed most of their normal time spent together. 

Yet there was no sight of Ginevra Weasley. Rather the only Weasley that Naomi saw that night was of their trusty family owl Errol. Who came crashing through the window of the library just near the desk Naomi was sat at. An envelope held in his beak and landing with a heavy thud on the desk. Recognising the handwriting she was quick to take the envelope from the owl before he flew away a nip at Naomi's fingertips as a parting gift. 

She did not hesitate to open the letter addressed to her in the scrawl she had become familiar with over the last few weeks. Her eyes skimmed the words quickly before going over them a second time as she allowed the words of her girlfriend to properly sink in. 

'Naomi,

If you are reading this it means you have waited for me to join you in the Library. However, I have no intention of doing so tonight. 

I will not be joining you at any of our prescheduled meetings until you are able to finally give me answers. 

What is the true reasoning as to why our relationship must remain a secret?

I am under the belief you have been avoiding telling me because you do not trust me with the truth. The truth that you are embarrassed to be dating a blood traitor. 

If this is such the case I do believe it is time we reconsider this relationship. 

Ginevra Weasley.' 

The second Naomi finished reading the letter for the second time she regretted ever opening it. She never wanted to have this conversation with Ginny, she wasn't sure she ever would be. For admitting it out loud would mean the end of her living the last few months of her freedom in utter bliss and being truly unaware of what was coming for her the moment she turned 16.