Phantom Blood: Christmas Special

~~+~~

[Name] sat, grinning, by the living room fireplace. George had turned it on the previous evening, and left it burning, so the manor was quite warm, contrary to the freezing weather outside.

Christmas with the Joestars, something [Name] never even dreamed of. Of course, she was the first person up, using the extra time to take a rest by the fire and Christmas tree. The other manor residents would awake soon, and they would all spend an early morning breakfast together before opening each other's gifts. In fact, [Name] herself had helped with preparation of the meal, and insisted on being the one to wake up Jonathan and Dio.

One of the elder butlers, Charles, tapped her lightly on the shoulder as he passed, signaling that it was time to wake up the others. [Name] jumped up and quickly made her way to the two boys' rooms. She had been there so many times she practically memorised their location.

The girl decided to wake up Jonathan first, giving a slight knock on his door before stepping in, eyeing a still unconscious brunette before walking to his bed and lifting the covers off of him, plopping down on the mattress in succession.

"Wha- oh, [Name]! Is it morning already? That means it's Christmas day! Oh, this will be so much fun, especially with you celebrating the holiday with us!" Jonathan moved about his room, picking out some clothes for himself. Ever since [Name] arrived, he learned to be less dependent on his butlers and maids for assisting him in everyday matters.

The girl smiled, ruffling his hair before replying. "True, it'll be my first Christmas with you guys! I'm excited as well," she paused gesturing to the door. "Anyways, I'll leave you to get changed as I wake up Dio, do you want to walk with me to the dining room, as well?"

"Yes, I'd like that. Thank you, [Name]!" the boy then ushered her off, preparing for the day ahead of them.

The girl was still smiling as she knocked on Dio's door, suprised as she heard a "Come in" from inside the room.

"Hey, you're already awake? Man, I was hoping to surprise you."

The blonde shook his head, "There's no need. You being here is a surprise in itself. Would you also like for me to accompany you and Jojo to breakfast?"

[Name] smiled, swinging around a bedpost before quickly ruffling Dio's hair as well, giving her reply as the boy shook his head, sighing.

"That would be great, but only if you want to, okay?"

"It's not as if I don't have the time. I will be out in around five minutes," the blonde pulled up one of his socks, going quiet as [Name] left his room, closing the door behind her.

~+~

The young trio soon met with George in the dining hall, each taking their seats as they were served a large breakfast. The house servants were dining in a table adjacent to them, allowed by the elder Joestar. [Name] admired the great feast before her, wondering how she could've helped in preparing such a beautiful meal. She quickly decided on stuffing her face, not wanting to miss out on trying at least a bit of every dish.

Sometimes, the group would engage in light conversation as they cleaned their plates, talking about their hopes for the day and how to spend it. The room was at its liveliest, Christmas cheer evident in the face of every person (even Dio).

Soon, everyone finished their breakfast, and [Name] and George smiled happily as they watched Jonathan bound towards the Christmas tree, followed by a less jumpy Dio, although eager nonetheless. George even let Danny join the group for the special occasion.