Phantom Blood: X

~~+~~

[Name] woke up to a bright winter morning and familiar scenery. She was in her room in the Joestar Manor, the space itself untouched except for, she noticed, the fresh pair of bed sheets she was using. She wanted to cry again; after she disappeared, those in the manor hadn't touched her room— as a sign of grief? [Name] wondered. Did they care for her so much? Did they harbor so much hope that she'd return? She was only with the group for a few months, but she made more of an impact than she'd thought. Maybe, she was too involved... How much had changed?

The girl let her doubts run through her mind as she stepped outside. She wondered how everyone had been faring in the years she was gone.

'I did change a lot of Jonathan and Dio's youth... I wonder if they hold as much hate for each other now as they did in the original story? I saved Danny, and I stopped the Erina incident, and I think I brought them closer together through tutoring. But yet again...- Dammit, I don't have a clue as to what's going on right now-' the girl was brought out of her mental rambling as she bumped into a familiar someone.

"Jonathan," she smiled, and the man in question returned a bigger one.

"[Name]!" the brunette looked like he was refraining from giving her a bone-crushing hug. His puppy-like attitude hadn't changed, [Name] noticed. He was still the sweet boy she knew under his ripped-beyond-belief physique.

"I apologise if you woke up confused, you fell asleep outside, so I had to bring you inside without waking you up. Your room must be dirty too; it's gone untouched for years now. But don't worry! I had a maid change the sheets for you. There was no way you could sleep in a dirty bed. I hope you slept well, but you seem to have since you're up now-"

"Jonathan," [Name] chuckled. "You're rambling. I'm fine, and thank you for caring. I slept alright."

"Sorry! Ah- good, that's good, I'm glad, [Name]- oh! Your clothing..."

[Name] looked down, taking into account the nightdress she was wearing. The maids must have changed her clothes, as well. "Oops! Sorry Jonathan, I didn't notice."

The brunette looked on with a unique fondness. "No, it is alright. Actually, I feel some sense of nostalgia. [Name], I believed when we first met you were wearing something like this, hm?"

"Yeah, it did. I can't believe you still remember that!" it had only been a few months since she first arrived in this world, at least in [Name]'s perspective, but for Jonathan and the others, it had been years. Maybe the girl was right— perhaps he cared for her more than she thought.

"Of course! You mean a lot to me, [Name], so it is only natural I remember. Oh, I almost forgot. I was actually coming to wake you, so we could meet my father; only if you want to, of course!"

The girl nodded. "I'd love to see him again. Let's go?"

~+~

"Father, I'm coming in." Jonathan pushed open the door and stepped inside to meet his father. [Name] followed closely behind.

George looked up and smiled at his son. "Good morning, Jojo. And... [Name]," he faltered as the girl set herself next to Jonathan.

She uttered a greeting, approached the elderly man, and took a knee by his bed. He quickly grasped her hand and held it tight, afraid she'd disappear once more.

"[Name]... my lord, [Name]," George couldn't finish his sentence; tears welled in his eyes and he bit his lip.

"No no no, don't cry! If you start, then I'll cry too, then-"