Phantom Blood: Part II

~~+~~

"Oh my fucks, your place is huge! What's your net worth?" [Name] looked on at the manor in awe, resulting in a unintentional cringe from Jonathan, who still hadn't gotten used to her sharp tongue.

The Joestar manor was impressive in both manga and anime, but upon seeing the residence in person, [Name] decided it was on a completely different level. She couldn't hold in her excitement, admiring the beautiful building that towered over her. The details and architecture that were ignored for quicker turnout time on the screen added a touch of elegance that really made the place feel like it belonged to royalty.

The girl was snapped out of her thoughts, and turned her head as she heard barking, source seeming to be a black and white Great Dane, in which she, with a bit of contemplation, eventually recognised.

"Oh, Danny! Come here, boy!" Jonathan was overjoyed to see his animal companion, and [Name] assumed this was because he was not only the boy's closest friend, but probably his only one. The dog headed straight for [Name], excited to meet a new face. She smiled and crouched down, opening her arms, and Danny jumped onto her chest, knocking her over in the process.

"Danny! No! Down boy!" Jonathan shouted, harboring enough embarrassment for him and the dog. "I'm so sorry, [Name]!"

The girl laughed as she let Danny sniff her face "It's alright, really! He's such a beautiful dog!" Danny began licking her face, slobber covering her skin. [Name] cringed, but continued playing with him nonetheless. She was not a sickly Victorian boy with the immune system of a peanut. She moved her hands to scratch behind his ears and back, letting the dog to jump off of her and roll onto the grass.

"Who's a good boy? You are! You're the good boy!" she repeated sweet phrases to the dog as she rubbed his stomach, causing his rear legs to twitch. Jonathan looked on in fond surprise: he didn't expect the girl to bond with Danny so easily.

'He really is such a happy dog' [Name] thought. 'I have no idea how Dio could kill such a wonderful animal in cold blood, and in such a brutal way, too' she continued as she remembered when she'd first seen Danny's painful death; the poor dog was burnt alive in an incinerator. Speaking of Dio...

How could she forget?! Too overwhelmed with giddiness and the realisation of what had happened to her being actually real or at the least a very lucid dream, the fact that today was the day Dio would arrive at the Joestar manor had completely slipped [Name]'s mind, until she heard his carriage come to a halt, just a few yards away from where she was currently playing with Jonathan's dog.

[Name] looked over as Dio exited the carriage in a graceful hop. She swore she could see the menacing kanji surround him as he turned to face Jonathan, sparing her but a quick glance.

"Oh, you must be Dio Brando!" Jonathan was clearly oblivious to the hateful look Dio directed at him, although [Name] had to admit he hid his intentions well.

"And you're... Jonathan Joestar."

"Everyone calls me Jojo. It's nice to meet you."

[Name] tried to hold Danny back in her arms as he started barking and moving restlessly, wanting to bound up to the unfamiliar person.

Jonathan and Dio looked over at the noise, the latter finally getting a good look at [Name]. She wasn't wearing any servant attire, but rather a blazer he presumed was Jonathan's. Her hair was matted and she was obviously disheveled. He didn't expect another outsider to be at the manor- he would have to deal with one more nuisance than anticipated.