Phantom Blood: IV

~~+~~

A teenaged male clad in a butler's suit opened [Name]'s door early in the morning, only to find her punching... the air?

"Uhm... Miss [Name]? What are you doing?" the boy asked, the person in question jumping at the sudden interruption. A thin rectangular object dropped out of her hands, which she discreetly kicked under her bed as she muttered a string of curses.

She turned around, "What do you-?! Oh, a butler! Heh... well you see..." [Name] started, "I finally found the motivation to work out, so I can beat some ass... but, like, not in a sexual way, y'know?"

The butler gave a nervous smile- he didn't want to know what the girl was thinking.

"Anyways, what's up? I didn't hear you come in," the girl continued, raising an eyebrow at the unfamiliar person.

"Oh, my apologies! My name is Henry, I'm a butler serving Sir Joestar and his residence. I knocked several times, but you didn't answer..." the boy gave a nervous laugh. "Sir Joestar would like you to know that breakfast is in an hour, and that he has prepared a carriage for London. You're to travel with Misters Jonathan and Dio, setting off before Noon."

[Name] plopped down on her bed, swaying back and forth as she looked at Henry. As if he had read her mind, the boy removed his hands from behind his back, fumbling a tad bit as he handed her a ruffled blouse and ankle length skirt. "These are Violetta's clothes: she said you could borrow them for the day."

The girl ruffled the boy's hair. "Thanks for telling me. And there's no need to be so nervous. I don't usually bite," she deadpanned.

Henry's eyes widened as he stared at [Name], fumbling for words. She snorted, "You're pretty easy to tease, y'know? Don't worry, I'm not being serious, at least for the most part."

The male jumped back, flushed. "Ah! Well, that was all I was supposed to tell you. Ring if you need anything, Miss [Name]!" he choked out as he backed out through the doorway, fumbling with the pristine handle.

"Sure thing! Stop by anytime you like, it's not like I'm doing anything." [Name] called out.

"Y-yes!"

~+~

A little under two hours later, [Name] cleared her plate, one of a luxurious breakfast of eggs, toast and various meats, Dio once again having to assist her in correcting her table manners. George called for the dishes to be removed, and gestured for [Name] and the two young boys to follow him into the manor's living room.

As they all sat down, making themselves comfortable, George turned to the girl, and began his interrogation. "[Name], if I may, I'd like to get to know more about you. I'm sure it would be beneficial to all of us here." With a nod of the girl's head, he continued. "First, may I ask for your full name, age and date of birth?"

"[Name] [Surname], eighteen years old. Recently turned. I was born on [Date]," she replied.

"Woah, eighteen?! You look younger!" Jonathan let out, earning a snicker from [Name] and a quick scolding from his father. Dio remained silent.

"I'll take that as a compliment," the girl joked, flicking the brunette's forehead.

George coughed, "If I may continue... [Name], Jojo told me you don't remember how you've gotten here. May you tell me about your last memories?"

[Name] had to admit that she was expecting his question, and thus prepared a story beforehand. "Well, you see, I remember how wonderful my parents were. I'd go traveling with them often. A while ago, I remember going on a trip with them... I can't remember where we were headed to. My memory has been fuzzy since then, and I assume the carriage crashed. I ended up in a clearing near where I met Jonathan, and I haven't seen my parents since," she ended her story with a downcast look, the empathetic looks on George and Jonathan's faces proving that her made up story had the desired result. Dio stared at [Name]. She couldn't tell whether he believed her story or not.