Phantom Blood: VI

~~+~~

"Yum... pizza... ice cream... tacos... cheese..." [Name]'s mouth was watering at the sight of the feast before her. She was so hungry, she couldn't wait to dig in. She could've sworn she even heard the food calling out to her.

"[Name]... [Name]... come and eat... [Name]..."

No, wait. That wasn't the food calling her name, that was...

"[Name]. [Name]. [Name], please wake up." The girl shout out of bed, bumping heads with the owner of the voice.

"Henry! Oh my god, I'm so sorry!"

"Ah, [Name], you're finally awake. It's okay, I just wanted to inform you that young masters Jonathan and Dio left the manor around an hour ago." 

"Eh? An hour?! Henry, what time is it?"

The boy stuttered and looked down, "It's... 16:00."

"Whaaat?! Holy shit! Henry, I appreciate you letting me sleep but please wake me up earlier next time!" [Name] hadn't woken up that late in years. How could she resume an old habit in an entirely new world?!

"But... thank you for telling me, anyways." She smiled up at Henry, who looked away shyly. The majority of the house staff knew [Name] was keeping a close eye on Dio, but she told them it was because she wanted to know what he would like as a birthday gift. That way, they would help her out, and not tell anybody else. Of course, all [Name] really wanted to do was stop the young blonde from ruining Jonathan's life by taking away Erina and Danny. 

She ushered Henry out of her room before changing out of her sleepwear and then sneaking out to follow the route Henry told her Dio had taken.

Once a small ways away from the manor's gates, [Name] paused, looking back. "This will be fun," she sighed and continued off, hoping to find Dio before sunset.

~+~

Fortunately, lady luck was on [Name]'s side today. She immediately recognised Erina in the distance. Jonathan had already left. She had been spending a lot of time with the two recently,  and sometimes she found it strange that she had fit into her new life so perfectly. It didn't matter now, though. She had a maiden to save!

[Name] quickly chased after the girl, and soon spotted Dio and his lackeys a short distance away from her, remaining hidden from Erina.

If she wanted to succeed, she had to time this perfectly...

She shuffled behind a tree near Erina and Dio, watching intently as the latter approached the former, a cocky smile on his face.

"Hey... you're Erina, right? You certainly seem to be close friends with Jojo..." the girl stumbled back at his words. She was obviously scared. "I found it strange... he should've been tormented, after all... but this certainly explains his good mood."

Erina turned, attempting to get away from the three boys, but Dio reached for her arm, ready to spin her around like a rag doll. If [Name] wanted to get her timing right, she would have to move in three... two... now!

Dio flipped Erina around, pushing the girl into his chest as he kissed her lips. He could feel her rip at his shirt, and knew he had succeeded in his plan. He smirked as Erina was tossed to the ground and the boys behind cheered him on.

"Have you kissed Jojo yet? Probably not... And now your first kiss wasn't with Jojo, it was-" he stopped. He finally noticed that Erina was in fact, still standing upright. She wasn't hurt, and although she was frightened, she certainly didn't look like she had just kissed him. No... it wasn't Erina that Dio had kissed. His eyes trailed up the arm Erina was holding on to.