Phantom Blood: Part III

~~+~~

"All of you, this is Dio Brando, the son of the man who saved my life."

[Name] almost laughed at the man's statement as she caught up to the others, George in the middle of introducing Dio to his house staff.

"As of today, I want you to treat him the same way you do Jojo," he continued, receiving nods and statements of affirmation from his servants. "As for you, Dio, I hope you can enjoy the same lifestyle Jojo has." George looked over at the young blonde, who was already brainstorming ways to abuse his selflessness.

"Lord Joestar, you have my deepest gratitude for your kindness," Dio gave a curt bow.

"Jojo lost his mother as well... and you're both the same age." As he said this, the two young boys looked over at [Name], they assumed she was older than them, but didn't actually know her age.

George continued, oblivious to the still tense aura in the air. "I hope you two," he looked over at the girl, "No- you three, can get along. Jojo, [Name], the matter with you and Danny has been settled, I hope?" He received nods from the two.

"Yes, father. I suppose I'd be startled too, if a dog I didn't recognise came running at me... and I wouldn't expect another person to do the same. I won't let it bother me." Jonathan spoke in a light tone, but it was obvious to [Name] he was still downcast.

"Mr. Joestar," [Name] interjected, "I do believe that it would be proper of Dio to apologise. The matter has already been forgiven, but it would be nice to hear." Jonathan felt as if the girl was reading his thoughts (perhaps she was) as he looked over at [Name], surprised, but happy. Dio's confident expression morphed into one of disdain. [Name] assumed, apologising in front of so many people would wound his pride.

"Of course, that would only be proper. Dio?" George shifted his gaze from [Name] to the young boy. With the attention of so many focused on him, Dio would have no choice but to apologise. [Name] gave a slight grin.

Dio gritted his teeth. "My apologies, I will be more careful," he shot a glare towards the girl, which she returned, sticking her tongue out, before looking away.

George smiled, "Now, come along Dio. I'll show you to your room."

"Yes, sir." Dio began following George as he ascended the carpeted stairs, sparing a lingering glance towards the stone mask, which hung on the wall.

Jonathan reached for Dio's luggage, about to grab it. However, he was stopped as Dio forcefully grabbed his wrist, making the brunette grunt in pain as he twisted his arm. "What do you think you're doing? Get your filthy hands off my luggage. I'm telling you not to soil them-"

"Hey, asshole, what are you doing to him?" Dio was cut off as [Name] wrapped her fingers around his forearm, digging her nails as hard as she could into his clothed skin. The blonde almost winced in pain. He looked at her, surprised, at both her strength and choice of words. "He was only trying to help, no reason to be so stingy, right?"

Dio's eyes narrowed. This girl had caused him so much trouble and he had only just met her. What a nuisance she was, using every chance she could to help the Joestar brat. How in the bloody hell was he going to deal with her?

"Let's not trouble the servants, I'll take care of your bags" the girl reached for Dio's bags, not once breaking eye contact with him as she did so. She knew what she was doing, obviously. He would not hit a girl with the attention of the house servants now on the trio. George would be expected to turn around anytime soon, as well.