Author's Note

Hello everyone, and Happy New Years!

Welcome to "Caged," Louis' POV from "Princess."

****I STRONGLY RECOMMEND READING PRINCESS AND/OR SIN BEFORE READING THE REST OF THIS AUTHOR'S NOTE OR THIS STORY IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS!!!! THEY CAN BE FOUND ON MY PROFILE, AND I WILL ALSO POST LINKS BELOW ⬇⬇⬇****

Now, this story is going to be a very different kind of story from both Princess and Sin. For example, while Sin went through and followed each chapter from Princess from an altered POV, while adding a bit of extra backstory from Zayn's childhood, Louis' POV is going to briefly go through those scenes.

I don't want to just tell the same story again and again and again, basically. So, Louis' POV will be more from the outside of the Ziam predicament, which makes sense anyway because Louis was pretty much clueless for a long while.

He will reference significant details and interactions between and about both characters, but he will not go through them word for word.

Also, Louis' POV starts further back than Princess did. Princess, and the majority of Sin save for flashbacks, starts in the beginning of the boys' senior year of high school. (They switch to Rosewood for the remainder of that year around 2nd semester.) Meanwhile, Louis' POV will start in middle school, but time will only be spent there briefly. Then, it will sort of summarize the early high school years just to really explain what Louis went through in terms of his own sexuality and in terms of experiencing Zayn change.

Larry will, obviously, be more prominent in this version. There will be A LOT more from them and their story from the very beginning through where Princess left off with the engagement and such in college. However, Louis' other "relationships" (if you can even call them that) will be mentioned as well. They are a big part of his character and his struggle.

This story will probably be shorter than Sin and Princess, but I am not sure how much shorter. It will most likely NOT be 100 chapters, though.

All of this story is from Louis' POV, and it is my hope that other people can relate to this, especially with Louis' feelings of not being out with his sexuality and feeling the need to hide it or having to hide it.

I will put warnings on chapters that may have triggering content, and PLEASE DO call me out if I forget a warning on anything that you find triggering. It is never my intention to cause harm to anyone, and I would feel absolutely devastated.

With that all out of the way, please continue on to the first chapter and enjoy! xx