Out

Hello everyone! Today is the 2nd day of the 12 days of updates, so I hope you enjoy this one!

It's another easy-going, feel-good chapter for you all :)

Chapter 11:

    "Louis! Why are you all soaked? You're dripping on the floor," My mum fussed as I walked inside of the house. It was still raining pretty heavily outside, and walking twenty minutes back to Harry's car should have been miserable, but Harry and I talked and laughed the whole way there. He dropped me off at home, but I still had to rush in the rain. I felt more sorry for his car seats than anything.

    "I ran over a nail, so the car had a flat tire. I couldn't drive it," I confessed right away. It was better to let her know ahead of time to avoid any trouble.

   "Alright, love. We'll figure that out tomorrow morning. Right now, you need to get dry," She ordered, pointing down the hall to where the toilet room was located. I smiled at her, knowing that she wasn't actually upset about the wet floor. She returned the grin, following behind me to the toilet. She handed me a towel and stood in the doorway as I dried off my hair to start.

   "Go ahead and ask," I pretended to be annoyed and embarrassed by her need to know, but I was actually in a better mood than I'd ever been in before.

   "Can you blame me for wanting to know how it went? You're full of smiles tonight. I've never seen you so taken," She said, stepping into the room to ruffle up my dampening hair. "Get dried and change your clothes then meet me on the sofa. I want to know everything." It was an order, and I was more than willing to oblige.

   She left the room, allowing me to quickly hop into the shower and clean myself from the rain water. I got dried and dressed in my bedroom, choosing to wear comfortable sweats and a simple t-shirt for the night. Then, I put on some slippers and walked to the living room, seeing my mum already sitting down and watching TV as she waited. As soon as she took notice of me, she muted the show she was watching and scooted over on the sofa, patting the newly made space beside her.

   "There isn't much to tell," I tried to shrug off, but she shook her head and took my hands in hers.

   "That is probably the biggest lie you've ever told, Louis William Tomlinson." There was a playful glint in her eyes. "Now, start from the beginning. I want to hear all about the person who is making my boy so happy. I bet they're simply wonderful"

   "They are," I smiled, feeling my cheeks heat up at the attention. Then my smile fell from my face as I realized I couldn't properly enjoy spilling everything out to my mum if she didn't know everything about me. Because there was a bigger lie that I was living that I still never told her.

   "What's wrong, boo?" My mum gently asked, seeing the way my lips turned to a frown in seconds.

   My hands began to shake in her hold, and I bit my bottom lip in worry. "Mum, I-- I have something to tell you. Something important."

   "Okay," She nodded easily. "You can tell me anything, Louis, you know that."

   I nodded, too quickly, and my breathing picked up in an instant. I had to take a deep breath and remind myself that my mum would still love me. She always told us that nothing could take away her love-- her and my dad-- and I had to trust that. They both supported being who you are; authenticity, and I was hoping and praying that sentiment would still hold true.

   "Mum, I..." I licked at my lips due to how dry they suddenly felt in the moment. "I... I'm... I like boys, mum. I- I'm gay."

   It was there, out in the open. I was trying to remember her words of love, promising that nothing would ever take that away. I played them over and over and over again, looking up at my mum's face to see her eyes watery and a smile on her lips. I let out a tearful chuckle at the relief that sprang free in my chest just seeing her reaction.