XVI

Chapter Sixteen-Rebelling

''This is insane.'' Izzy's angered voice reached Olivia's ears as she and Jace made their way over to where the younger brunette, along with her two brothers, was standing in front of a monitor. ''We have to put a stop to this.''

''Put a stop to what?''  Olivia asked.

Ian turned his head and grinned at the girl,  causing her heart to flutter and Jace's heart to ache. 

'' This,'' Izzy pointed her index finger at the monitor--which was showing Lydia pacing in front of a handsome, dark-haired, young man, who was sitting rather comfortably on the couch.

It was an interrogation, Olivia realized; Lydia was interrogating the man. ''Who is he? And why's Lydia interrogating him?''

''That's Meliorn, Izzy's Seelie 'friend','' Jace replied, his eyes moving towards Olivia and a smile forming on his lips as he saw the brunette raising her eyebrows in surprise. ''He's the friend?'

''Yep. But I  don't know why Lydia's interrogating him.''

 Izzy scoffed. ''She thinks the Seelies are in league with Valentine.''

''I don't think what Lydia's thinking is true.'' Ian sighed, his eyes fixed on the girl whom he had known for a quite while and who was, now,  also his brother's fiance (he still hadn't gotten his mind wrapped around that part).   ''  She's being paranoid.''

Izzy raised her eyebrows and gave her brother a bewildered look. ''Are you agreeing with me?'' 

He shrugged. ''I am full of surprises.''

''If that's how you two feel about this situation,'' Alec began, giving his siblings a look and ignoring their side conversation, ''Then you both can enjoy portalling back to Idris with Mom and Dad.'' his tone became harsh at the end.

Olivia gave him a glance and softened her eyes, fully understanding his harshness and bitterness towards his parents.

''Meliorn is here because of me.'' Izzy pointed out and glared at her oldest brother.

''Izzy, Alec's right.'' Jace stated, ''There is nothing we can do to stop this interrogation.''

''You are on Alec's side now?'' she gave him an annoyed glance. Olivia looked between the four siblings, and despite the situation, she couldn't help but smile. She had never understood why Jocelyn always used to find her and Clary's arguments so funny, but now, she could see exactly why her mother always laughed at them instead of scolding them. Sibling's quarrels were funny to watch.

''We swore to protect each other, of course he's on my side,'' Alec said.

Izzy rolled her eyes. '' At least Ian's still on my team, aren't you, Ian?''