II

Chapter Two-Dangerous Roads

The gig had been extremely boring and would have resulted  in Olivia dozing off had Clary not constantly nudged her in the ribs and forced her (Olivia) to stay awake.

''Thanks for being our roadie,'' Maureen spoke as they all made their way to Simon's yellow-colored van. ''Yeah, and thank you for being our artist in residence,'' Simon smiled at Clary and then took his shirt off to change.

Olivia noticed both Clary and Maureen staring at Simon's naked chest and rolled her eyes at the pair. ''That's right, keeping gawking at him like he's some sort of meat,'' she murmured and then cursed under her breath. Great, she thought, my mood's already starting to become snappy.

She climbed onto the roof of the yellow van and sat down. Her eyes went up to the full moon that was shimmering in the sky and a defeated sigh left her lips. What was happening to her? Why did the moon affect her so much?

It's weird, she thought, how something so beautiful can have such an unusual effect on someone.

''Rock Solid Panda coming up.'' Clary's voice pulled Olivia out of her thoughts and she turned her head to see her younger sister carrying a paint can and walking towards the side of the van that wasn't parked up against the wall. ''I'm feeling inspired.''

''Inspired to do what?'' Olivia quizzed as she slid off the roof and stood next to Clary. ''This.'' the red-headed girl smirked, gave the paint can a little shake, and started to spray on the name, but then above it(the name), she painted a weird symbol.

Olivia frowned at the symbol and started to trace it with her fingers. It felt familiar, as if she had seen it somewhere. But where?

She zoned out from the conversation that was happening in front of her as her attention remained solely on the weird symbol that Clary had drawn. She had seen it somewhere. In fact, Olivia was pretty sure that she knew what this symbol was but she couldn't, for the life of her, remember anything about it.

She was snapped out of her thoughts by hearing Clary shout at a guy who had bumped into her, ''Hey! Can you watch where you are going?"

The guy turned from his stride towards the Pandemonium club and looked at Clary with surprise and confusion. ''You can see me?'' his voice was coarse and low, almost as if he hadn't used it for a long time. 

His blonde hair was pushed back and his eyes were a dark brown with a hint of blue in one eye. He had a very angular face and a strong build. The guy was handsome, Olivia wasn't going to deny that.

Her eyes drifted to his neck and a frown appeared between her brows. Who tattooed themselves on their neck? 

''I mean obviously, she can see you,'' Olivia began as she started to walk towards them. ''But you, blondie, obviously didn't see her.''