IV

Chapter four-The Weapon

Olivia sat on her bed and stared out the window, looking at the brightly glowing moon and sighing in exhaustion. Her mind was filled with so many questions, and yet, none had been answered.

She felt...lost. Yeah, that was the perfect word to describe her current state.

If only mom had told us about all of this, she thought bitterly, things could have been different. Things could have been better.

A sudden knock on the door pulled Olivia out of her thoughts and she turned her head to see Izzy entering the room. ''Hey.'' the shorter girl smiled and then frowned when she saw the expression on the taller girl's face. ''What's wrong?'' she asked, sitting down next to her (Olivia).

''Nothing.'' Olivia replied with a sigh, ''I just wish mom had told us about all of this.''

Izzy let out a little hum and patted Olivia's hand in comfort. ''I'm sure she had her reasons.''

Olivia scoffed. She couldn't understand what reasons Jocelyn had in hiding the truth from her and Clary, and quite frankly, she didn't want to know. All she cared about was the fact that Jocelyn had kept them in the dark for the whole of their lives.

It angered her, to say the least.

''Whatever her reasons were, she had no right to lie to us about our lineage.''

Izzy, sensing the heaviness in the air, decided to change the topic of discussion. ''Come on,'' she got up from the bed and stretched out her hand in Olivia's direction, ''I have to show you something.''

The taller girl placed her hand in the shorter girl's hand, allowing her to pull her up. ''What?''

''You ask too many questions.'' Izzy grinned, pulling Olivia out of the room and down the hall. ''Izzy,'' she began as they turned around the corner, ''Where are we going?''

''We are going on a tour of the Institute.''

~*~*~*~*~*~'

The two girls wandered through the Institute for hours, laughing and snorting at things that Olivia usually found lame and, well, not funny.

Izzy showed her the rooftop first, and Olivia couldn't help but gush over the scenery. It wasn't that luxurious, but from there, she had a clear view of roads down below and of the moon shining in the night sky. To her, it was beautiful enough.

Izzy then showed her the training room, the library, the kitchen, her, Jace's, Clary's, and Alec's room. And then, when their tour was over, they walked over to the center of the Institute, immediately noticing Jace, Clary, and Simon standing near a screen.