VI

Chapter Six-The Silent Brothers

If someone knew Simon Lewis, then they knew that the back of his van usually contained his band equipment. And they also knew that under pressure, the boy's driving skills went from being okay to being bad.

That was what was currently happening as he drove the group towards the City of Bones. Jace, who was annoyed because he had to constantly move a drum stand away from his face, was repeatedly telling the bespectacled boy to drive faster, and as mentioned earlier, Simon never drove well under pressure. So, it was apparent that the blonde's comments were not helping the situation at all.

''Simon!'' Olivia exclaimed as the boy made a sudden sharp turn, causing the people in the back (her, Jace, Alec, Izzy) to fall to one side of the van. ''Sorry!'' he looked at them through the rearview mirror, ''Pressure and I are not the best of friends.''

Jace sat up straight and kicked away a drumstick that had somehow landed near his left foot. ''Obviously.''

''This is because of you.'' the brunette narrowed her eyes in accusation, causing the blonde to raise his eyebrows in surprise. ''Because of me?'' he scoffed, ''Well, I beg to differ. Your sister's best friend,'' he pointed towards the back of the driver's seat, ''Can't drive, how's that my fault?''

''Well, if you stop telling him to drive faster every five seconds-''

''-You know,'' Izzy cut in, crawling to the other side of the van and looking at the two with a wide grin on her face, ''You two are arguing  like a married couple.''

That comment instantly shut the two of them up.

''Nice one, Izzy,'' Clary called out from the front passenger seat and chuckled at the expressions that covered Olivia and Jace's faces.

Alec simply sighed and shook his head at the younger people, not having the ability to understand how their minds worked.

After a few more bumps and jerks and having band equipment fall onto their faces, the group of six finally reached the entrance to the City of Bones, and hurriedly exited the yellow van, with Olivia being the first one to climb out of the vehicle and the rest following after her.

Upon getting out of the big, yellow vehicle, the group glanced around the place, taking in the eeriness and looking for any possible signs of a sudden attack.  ''Yeah, this place isn't creepy.'' Simon broke the silence with a sigh and looked at the dark and deserted area that had barrels of fire lighting up a path. ''Not creepy at all.''

Izzy chuckled and spared the boy a look. ''Don't tell me you're afraid.''

''Are you kidding?'' Simon scoffed, turning his face towards the younger brunette, ''I was born afraid.'' he replied, and then frowned as he realized that his words did not have the effect that he wanted them to have. ''Which sounded a lot better in my head.''