Chapter 16:

Sitara's P.O.V:
The party was supposed to be at 6 but Hadi and Khaani were still not here yet. I went downstairs and started to watched some tv so that I distract myself from the urge to call them, if they arrive there late, then what would everyone think of them?

Just then I heard footsteps and saw that it was them. Thank God! I thought to myself. I scolded them for being late and hurried them towards their room.

I waited and waited but there was no sign of them coming, so I had to take matters into my own hands!
What are they even doing that's taking them soo long! I climbed the stairs and knocked on the door. It took a while for them to answer but finally the door opened.

"Come on you guys, you can't be any more late than this it takes about 1 and a half hour to get there!"

I ushered them out of the room and closed the door. When I turned back around I was shocked. Khaani looked amazing, I couldn't recognise her at all. I tried to hide up the fact that I was impressed.

I quickly turned my gaze over to Hadi and said "You look amazing."

He didn't really care about the compliment, he simply replied with "what about Khaani."

"S-she looks, erm she looks," and before I knew it the words came out of my mouth, "like someone whose worthy of having the name Meer."

After hearing those words coming out of mouth, I just wanted to get out from there. How did I say that!

I saw that Hadi and khaani were smiling at each other. And for once I was happy for them.

3rd person
They car entered through the big gates. They both stepped out and went inside. Khaani was amazed. If you thought Meer Hadi's house was big then you hadn't seen this one. It was beautiful and gigantic in size, and that was just from the outside.

They went towards the mansion doors where they were asked their names. The guard ticked them off the list and instructed them to go inside and said "Have a wonderful time!"

As they stepped inside Khaani saw that there was a huge chandelier in the centre of the ceiling that lit up the room brightly. There were circular tables with white tablecloths and the remaining area was with guests and people dancing.

An old but quite healthy man came up to them and said "You must be Hadi, Meer Shahs son." And they shook hands. "And you are?" He said gesturing toward Khaani. Before Khaani could say anything Hadi said "My better half." And smiled at her. He took them to a table and sat them down.

The man went away and Hadi quietly said to Khaani "That was Rashid Malik, he's the politician my mom was talking about."

After a few moments, Hadis best friend the one and only Ali came. "Long time no see!" He said.

Hadi got up and gave him a hug. "How was Dubai?"

"It was good but if you went it would have been way better. By God I missed you!"

Hadi chuckled and said "You know I'm not into that stuff anymore."

Ali smirked and his gaze landed on Khaani. "Assalamualaykum (Arabic phrase for hello/ peace be upon you) bhabhi gi"

Khaani smiled and said, "Walaykumasalaam."

"Okay guys I have to run but have a great time!" Said Ali.

Hadi smiled in reply.

After a few moments Hadi said to Khaani "I'll go and get us drinks."

And he left the table. A guy with the same kind of beard as Hadi and a black and white tuxedo came up to the table and said "Hi, I'm Adil in case you don't know this party is for my brothers engagement." And he held his hand out. Khaani not knowing what to do just shook it back. Adil held on to it and said "Can I just say, you are looking beautiful." Khaani pulled her hand back and said "erm thank you."

His eyes looked behind Khaani and he said "excuse me," and went away, a familiar hand was on Khaanis shoulder she heard Hadis voice that said "u okay, who was that?"

Khaani quickly looks at him and says "Your not angry?"

Hadi laughed and said "why would I be, well Yh i would have before but living with you has taught me a lot of patience, I didn't think I had."

Khaani smiled, and thought how could someone change this much, before she could tell him what that Adil wanted the music stopped and someone began to speak through the microphone.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, can everyone please grab a seat!"

There was some shuffling and Hadi removed his hand from Khaanis shoulder and went to sit down in the chair opposite hers.

"Thank you very much! So today at the entrance you all gave your names and I took advantage of that and was able to put each and every one of them in these two boxes. Now I will pick 2 names out of them and them 2 people will have to dance for us."

And with that everyone started clapping. Khaani could see that Adil was staring at her from the corner but she just decided to ignore him.

"Okay so the girl that will dance is Sanam Khan, can Sanam Khan please stand up for us."

Khaani looked at Hadi confused and worried about what she should do. Hadi just gave her a reassuring look.

So she stood up and everyone clapped for her.

Then the boys name was chosen and it was no other than Adil. He smiled and rose up from his seat. Everyone started clapping and Adil went toward Khaani and stuck out his hand.

Khaani looked at Hadi again, who had his lips together. He blinked his eyes slowly as if to say, go on. And so Adil and Hadi went onto the stage to dance. While Hadi trying to keep his anger in just sat there, unable to do anything.