Chapter 14:

They were all sat at the dining table. The table was filled with an abundance of food. There was enough food to feed about 20 families.

The atmosphere was full of tension. There was Meer shah at one side of the long white table and on the other Sitara. Hadi and Khaani were sat opposite each other. Everyone just ate quietly as it was soo awkward, they didn't really have anything to say.

"Dad, I will not be going with you today to work." Said Meer Hadi putting an end to the silence.

"Why is that, you promised that you would get experience."

"You see dad, I can't go anywhere as people start to take advantage of my absence." Replied Hadi looking at his mother.

Sitara looked back at him for a few seconds, rolled her eyes and went back to eating her food.

Khaani looked at Hadi and gave him a pleading face that said to stop, she was feeling really uncomfortable.

"Okay Hadi beta that's fine, you can take some days off. But I will need you to make up for these days!" Said Meer Shah smiling. Hadi nodded in return.

A few moments later, Meer shah stood up and said bye to everyone and went to work.

Hadi and khaani were heading to their room, when Sitara called Hadi's name.

He turned around and replied "yes?"

"There's an engagement party today and we were all invited, I am not able to go so I really need you to."

"No we are not going!"

"Hadi! I wouldn't ask you if it wasn't important, it's all for your dad. The engagement is of Meer Shah's rival politician."

"If it's his rival, then why would we ever go near them?"

"It's all about the contacts, we need to make as much friends as possible and limit his enemies to the bare minimum. It's so that there won't be any gang violence involved."

Hadi looked at Khaani with a what do you think expression, she nodded.

"Okay we will go."

Sitara smiled and replied "thank you, and take Khaani shopping, get her out of those clothes, we can't have them thinking bad of us." And she went back to eating.

Hadi was about to reply but Khaani quickly put her hand on his shoulder and squeezed it. He looked at her with an angry/pleading look to let him speak but she said "come on, let's go."

"Get ready so I can take you shopping."

"No, Hadi there's really not a need I'll just wear anything."

"You are Sanam Meer Hadi and you deserve the best and most expensive clothes, so get ready I'm waiting in the car." And with that he left the room.

Khaani looked at her closet which was half full with clothes and there it was, a simple yellow shalwar kameez suit, it still smelt the same as that day that her mum had made it for her with all her love and care.

Khaanis eyes started to water, she missed her family soo much, her mother's food, her dads smell of cologne, her sisters giggles and her twin brothers jokes, the brother that was murdered by Hadi.

She quickly wore the clothes did a bit of makeup, went down the stairs and to the driveway. Hadi's black Range Rover was right outside the door.

She opened the front passenger door and sat down. Hadi started the car and off they went.

That's it for today. Do give feedback and comment nd don't forget to vote.

Most important thing, how is the new cover for this book, do u guys like it?