.Six.

**TRIGGER WARNING - mention of abduction, physical pain**

————————EP———————
*Hospital room*

"That wasn't so bad was it honey?" Emily asked her daughter as she sat down in the chair next to her hospital bed. She could tell that Eva just wanted to go home.

"I just wanna go home now." Eva admitted to her mother with sadness in her eyes.

"As soon as we hear from the doctor we will go home baby girl. I'm sorry you had to go through all this." The truth was, Emily still blamed herself for what happened to Eva. She wanted to take Eva home just as much as Eva wanted to go home. Before Eva could respond, Dr. Robbins knocked on the open door of Eva's room.

"You're all set to go home Eva. You've been so strong and tough. If your ribs aren't getting better in the next week, give me a call and we'll take another look at them okay?" Eva looked at the doctor and nodded her head. Emily smiled slightly and squeezed Eva's hand.

"Let's go Mom." Eva let go of Emily's hand and slowly swung her legs off the bed. Emily watched her daughter struggling.

"Sweetie, let me help." Emily reached for Eva's tiny body. She flinched at the touch. Emily noticed and removed her hands. "I'm sorry Eva. I didn't mean to hurt you." She said with guilt in her voice.

"You didn't hurt me Emily. I can do it on my own." This was the first time Eva called her Emily since before the abduction. Emily nodded at her daughter and looked at the floor, furrowing her brow.

"Eva, I know you can do it on your own. I wasn't trying to make you feel like you couldn't. But honey, to be honest, you don't have to do it on your own. I'm here for you now. You can depend on me. I can take care of you like a mother should take care of her daughter." Emily looked at Eva and gently pulled her chin up with her hand so she was looking at Emily's face. "I love you Eva."

Eva just sat there. Tears forming in her eyes. "I know. I'm just...I'm not used to it. I take care of myself. So it's hard to let someone else do it." Eva admitted to her mom.

"I know sweetie. I'm sorry that you haven't had anyone to take care of you. But I'm here now." Emily held out her hands in front of Eva. About thirty seconds went by before Eva placed both of her delicate hands into Emily's. Emily smiled to herself and helped Eva stand up. She went to let go of one of Eva's hands to grab the wheelchair the doctor had left for them, but Eva held on tighter to Emily's hand. "What's wrong? Am I hurting you?" Emily asked. Hurting Eva was the last thing she wanted to do.

"No Mom. I'm just happy to have you. Thank you for loving me as your own." Eva pulled Emily's hands closer to her and put her arms around Emily's midsection. Emily gently placed her hands on Eva's back letting a few tears fall in the process.

"You don't have to thank me for loving you. I just do it. There are no strings attached. I will love you no matter what sweet girl." Emily pulled back and grabbed the wheelchair. She gently guided Eva into the chair. Once Eva was seated, Emily walked around and squatted in front of her. "Are you ready? I want to stop by the office to grab some paperwork so I can stay home with you for the next week before we go home. Is that okay?" Emily waited for an answer.

"Yeah, that's fine with me." Emily stood up and started to walk around to wheel Eva out when she felt a small hand on her left wrist preventing her from doing so. "Mom, I love you." Emily bent over and kissed Eva on the top of her head.

"Let's go Love." Emily wheeled Eva out to the car. They headed to the BAU.

————————EP———————
Word count: 693