.Four.

**TRIGGER WARNING - shooting, missing child, abduction, rescue, physical abuse**

————————EP———————
*At the abandoned warehouse*

Everyone has their guns out ready to search the warehouse. "Are the guns necessary?" Emily pleads with her team members, not wanting to scare the small eleven year old, if she was in fact inside the building.

"Emily we don't know what we're walking in to. Morgan and JJ take the south entrance. Prentiss, go with them. Reid and Rossi, you're with me." Hotch instructs his team. Morgan, JJ, and Prentiss enter the warehouse. After searching they weren't finding anyone. Suddenly Emily heard Eva's distant whimpering.

"Guys, did you hear that?" She asks her teammates. "Shh, listen. She's crying." They stop to listen. Suddenly, what seemed to come out of no where, a gunshot in their direction. They all duck and Morgan starts pursuing a woman running from them. JJ stays with Emily protecting her with her gun. "JJ it's not her, that was a grown woman running away." Emily said with a hint of hope in her voice.

"I know Em, I believe you that it isn't her, but you heard her crying didn't you?" She asks the tall dark haired woman.

"Yes. Wait, JJ," Emily holds JJ's arm back and points to a small child's shadow in the corner. "JJ it's her, can I.." Prentiss stops to look at Hotch who just walked up. "Hotch. She's in the corner, tied up, it's not her. That woman abducted her. Can I go get her?" Prentiss pleaded with her boss.

"Morgan got the woman who abducted her. He shot her in the leg, but she'll live. Turns out she's Eva's aunt. Her mother's sister. She killed Eva's foster moms to get back at them for them "taking" Eva from her real mother. You can go get your girl." Hotch assured her.

"Thank you!" Emily exclaimed and started walking towards Eva. Emily saw Eva's face and stopped walking. She had scratches all over her delicate face and tiny arms. Emily let a few tears fall. She wiped them away quickly noticing that Eva's eyes were squeezed shut. Emily called out for her. "Eva, I'm here. You're okay. You're safe now." She could see how terrified the small crying girl was.

"Mommy, help me." Eva said as she opened her dark brown eyes, with tears streaming down her face. She hadn't called Emily Mom since she had started living with her 6 months ago. Emily cut her daughter free and Eva immediately put her face into Emily's neck. Emily just held the girl gently. She could tell that she was badly injured and didn't want to hurt her more. The team looked at Emily and Eva. They had never seen Prentiss act like this. Motherly. The team went back to their cars. JJ, Hotch, and Rossi went back to the BAU to do paperwork for the case. Emily rode with Eva in the ambulance to the hospital so the young girl's injuries could be check out. Reid and Morgan met the two women there. Emily spent the entire ride holding Eva's hand and blaming herself for not protecting her daughter. She was worried about Eva and her injuries. Little did she know how injured she actually was.

————————EP———————
Word count: 543