.Seven.

**TRIGGER WARNING -
mention of adoption, mention of bruising, processing trauma

————————EP———————
*BAU*

Emily pulled the car up to the front of the BAU. "Honey, do you want to wait here?" Emily turned around in the front seat to see Eva fast asleep in the back of the car. "She needs her sleep I guess. I'll only be a minute." Emily whispered to herself. She grabbed her badge from the passenger seat and quietly exited the vehicle. She jogged in to the building and got on the elevator. "Cmon, cmon" Emily chanted nervously as the elevator slowly went up. When the doors opened Emily exited quickly and ran over to her desk. Not noticing that her team was working at their respective desks around her, she grabbed her bag along with some files and paperwork. The team noticed how frantic Emily was acting. They all looked at each other and then back to Emily.

"Hey Em, how's our little fighter?" Reid asked, startling Emily who still hadn't noticed her team around her.

"Sorry, she's asleep in the car. She doesn't know I'm in here. I gotta go I don't want her to wake up and I'm not there. Talk later!" Emily shouted across the room as she made her way back to the elevator.

~Meanwhile Eva wakes up~

"No! No! Mom!!" Eva started shouting, hurting her ribs. She unbuckled her seatbelt and opened the car door. "Emily!!" Eva continued to shout. "Ah, ouch!!" Eva yelled as she fell to the ground, forgetting about her ankle injury. She started to cry. "Mom, where are you?" Eva pleaded quietly through her tears.

"Oh my god! Eva!!" Emily shouted when she exited the building and saw Eva on the ground. "Eva! Are you okay?" Emily asked as she knelt down by her daughter.

"I thought something happened to you. I woke up and you were gone, I didn't know where you went." Eva said still crying.

"Honey, I am SO sorry, I just ran inside to get my things. You were asleep and I was only gone for a few minutes. I am so sorry that I scared you." Emily said as she picked the fragile girl off the cement.

"Can we just go home now? I wanna go home." Eva asked Emily as she placed her in the car.

"Yes Sweetheart, of course we can." Emily kissed Eva's forehead and ran around to the driver's side. The entire drive home Emily kept turning around to check on Eva. She had fallen back to sleep. Emily noticed that her sleep didn't look restful. Eva was jerking and moving her head back and forth quite a bit. Emily pulled into her driveway and parked the car in the garage. She turned around to wake Eva up, but she had woken up as soon as Emily stopped moving the car. "Sweetie we're home now. I'll come over and help you get out okay?" Emily asked Eva. The girl just nodded in reply. Emily gave her a small smile which the girl returned. As soon as they got in the house Emily sat Eva down on the couch and grabbed her a blanket and a glass of water. "I have to run back out to the car to get my stuff from work, okay? I'll be right back." Eva nodded and Emily ran out to grab her belongings. When she came back in she threw the bag and files on her counter and walked back over to Eva. "Are you hungry at all?" Emily asked.

"Not really, I'm just tired. Can I go to my room and sleep?" Eva asked Emily.

"Of course you can. Can I help you to your room?" Emily asked, not wanting to make her feel like she couldn't do it without her help.

"Yes please, my ankle is still really hurting." Eva surprised Emily with how willing she was to accept her help. Emily helped Eva walk to her room. "Wait, stop." Eva said as she stopped right outside her bedroom door.