.Two.

**TRIGGER WARNING - murder, drug overdose, jail, foster care, eating disorder, self harm, police, missing child**

————————EP———————
*Emily's house*

Emily grabbed her cell phone. "Pick up, pick up, pick up..." Emily repeated.

"Morgan" he answered.

"She's gone, we were gonna watch a movie. She hugged me. She not here. Her window is open. Oh my god. Someone took her..." Emily's voice grew with worry.

"Princess slow down, who are you talking about? Where are you?" Morgan asked identifying the worry in Emily's voice. Emily forgot that she hadn't told anyone about fostering Eva. But she knew she didn't have time to explain.

"I'm at home. It's Eva, my foster daughter. She's missing. It couldn't be more than fifteen minutes ago. I was talking to her. We were going to watch a movie." Emily started crying. Derek had never heard Prentiss respond this way to anything before. He knew his partner wouldn't want to explain things now.

"Call nine-one-one and I'll be there in a few minutes. Princess?" Derek asked.

"Mm hmm?" Emily managed to squeak out.

"Stay calm okay. Just breathe. We'll find her." Derek tried his best to reassure Emily.

————————EP———————

The whole team had slowly made their way to Emily's house. First Derek, then JJ and Reid, then Hotch and Rossi, even Penelope came to comfort her friend. They all sat at Emily's dining room table. The clock read 2130. "Her name is Eva Elyse Cecile. She's 11 years old. Her dad died from a drug overdose and her mother has been in jail since she was born. She's been in foster care since she was a baby." Emily said in what seemed to be one breath.

"Ms. Prentiss?," A cop asked as he came into the dining room. "We need to ask you some questions," he looked around the room. "In private." he insisted.

"Here is fine." Emily stated. Wanting her friends with her for support.

The cop nodded at her and sat in an empty chair at the table. "Your foster daughter, she was anorexic and had a tendency to self harm. Is that correct?" The officer bluntly asked. Emily saw Garcia grab Morgan's hand out of the corner of her eye. She sighed.

"Yes, but.." Emily was cut off.

"Ma'am, a lot of foster kids run away. It's what they do. They're broken inside. I'm sorry she put you through this." The officer said. "Please stay around town in case we have anymore questions. Have a good night." The officer stood up and tipped his hat at the table.

"Wait! You're just going to leave, that's it?? You're not doing anything? A child is missing and you're not even going to look for her?" Emily started to cry. JJ put an arm around Emily.

"Ma'am, at this point, there isn't much we can do. It doesn't look like there was forced entry, so to us it looks like a foster kid running away. It's typical of them. They're a different breed, foster kids, they hate you and then they leave." The officer stated rashly.

"Get out of my home." Emily said with her eyes closed and head down.

"I'm sorry ma'am I...." he was cut off by Hotch of all people.

"She said get out." Hotch stated. The officer put his head down and walked out. Hotch turned around to face Emily.  "Don't worry Emily, we will look in to this. Whoever did this will not get away with it." Hotch said comforting Emily.

————————EP———————
Word count: 584