.Ten.

**TRIGGER WARNING - hospitals, mention of eating disorder, ambulance**

————————EP———————

*Outside the Restaurant*

Emily held Eva and tried to get her to wake up. She started crying and Penelope started panicking as well. "Do you want me to call 911?" Penelope asked her.

"Yes, can you get me some water for her too please in case she wakes up? She might be dehydrated." At this point, a crowd had formed around them. Onlookers noticing the situation, were making Emily angry. She knew that if Eva woke up, she would see all the people around her and feel embarrassed. "PLEASE, everyone just keep going about your day. My daughter is being taken care of!" She yelled at the swarm of people. As soon as she said that, Penelope walked back out of the restaurant with a bottle of water.

"Yes, we're on Broadway Street. Ok, thank you." Penelope handed Emily the bottle of water. "The ambulance is on its way, how is she? She's still not awake?" She said frantically.

"No, Pen, I don't know what to do. I feel helpless." Emily continued to cry. Penelope bent down and hugged her.

"She's strong like you, she'll get through this. She has all of us here to help her. She's going to be okay." Penelope said, trying her best to comfort her worried friend. Just then, the ambulance pulled up. The medics rushed over with a stretcher and loaded the small girl onto it. "You ride with her, I'll meet you guys there. Do you want me to call the team?" Penelope asked as they walked towards the ambulance.

"Yes please, she needs to know she's family now, and that we have her back." Emily was still crying, but she felt better that Penelope was there with her.

————————EP———————

*The hospital*

Dr. Robbins walked into the room to find a hunched over woman sitting in the chair facing the fragile child. "Ms. Prentiss?" She said softly. Emily didn't move. The doctor walked over to her and said her name again. Emily turned around slowly, staring straight through the doctor. She looked defeated and tired. "She's stable and is getting hydration. She's going to be okay. Her weight however has dropped 2 pounds since she was in here not that long ago. We are giving her some IV supplements to get her weight back on track. She's one tough kid." The doctor was trying her best to comfort the worried mother.

"I'm sick of people saying that. She's only eleven years old for gods sake. She shouldn't have to be tough. She should be carefree and vibrant. She's been through too much." Emily stated quietly, not wanting to wake Eva who needed her rest to gain more strength.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you. I will be more careful with my words Ms. Prentiss." Emily knew the doctor meant no malice, but she also knew that she was telling the truth. Eva had been through too much for such a young age. Emily knew that tough wasn't how she wanted her eleven year old daughter to be described. She wished people would be able to say how happy Eva was, and that she was a good kid, that she was smart. Not tough because she had to be. Tough because she was resilient. But Emily knew the child was tough. She just wished she didn't have to be.

"I'm the one that's sorry. I know you're just trying to help." She admitted. The doctor nodded softly at her and walked towards the door. "When will she wake up?" Emily turned back towards her sleeping daughter.