Prologue

Sitting in the corner of the chaos filled dressing room as people run in and out getting prepared for the upcoming concert tonight

     Sitting in the corner of the chaos filled dressing room as people run in and out getting prepared for the upcoming concert tonight. I have my earbuds in enjoying a new rookie artist. In my latest freestyle dance practice I stumbled across her music. She has given me a break from this stressful Japan tour, in more ways than one.

“...Hyung...”

Her sound is so real. She sings of the struggles of being an idol in a way that I haven’t heard of in a long time. But what really captured my attention was her dance.

“Hoseok Hyung” he shakes my shoulder a bit.

I look up to see the curious Maknae. A look on his face like he is expecting something from me. I start to laugh and share a bright smile as I remove my earbuds “Sorry Kook-ah. What were you asking?”

“What are you watching?” He plops next to me looking at my phone with his bunny smile. The music video is still playing for the millionth time today. The graceful idol dances across the screen like a butterfly. Taking the earbud from my hand he listens to her sing. He smiles as she sings peacefully. He starts to slightly sway to the mellody. I look back to the MV, my hand forms a fist in excitement as my favorite part comes up. She pauses on the stage for a second. The sweet scenery and her cute appearance disappeared as the screen went black. “Wha-” before Jungkook can ask if it's over a strong beat drops and the same rookie appears in strongly contrasting street wear as she quickly begins spitting out a strong rap. I can feel the surprise radiating from the younger boy next to me.

“It’s called Poised Rebelion.” I answer his next question before he even asks.

“WOW” is all he says for the rest of the song. It returns to the calmer melody just sped up this time as it fades out to a finish.

He taps the replay button as we watch it play from the beginning. Expecting the drop this time we both dance around on the black pleather couch.

It comes to an end and Jungkook tilts his head “So who is she?”

"Haneul, she just debuted 2 months ago."

"Wow. She's talented. How long she been a trainee?" I let him take my phone out of my hand.

"I don't know. I just found her a few weeks ago."

"That explains why you have been glued to your phone lately." He stands up turning from me. Playing the video once again.

"Aww is JK  jealous?" I smile and pinch under his chin.

"Of your sudden girlfriend? No." He swats me away.

"Girlfriend?" I look at him with giggly disbelief. "She doesn't even know I exist.”

“It’s different being on the other foot huh?” a dimpled man teases as he walks up to us. “Who doesn’t know who exists?”