3 - Perfect?

Another hellish day of practice. Always practicing. "Stop. Stop. Stop. Do the chorus again."

I let out a hard breath and resisted rolling my eyes "Yes sir." I start from the top of the chorus.

"Tighten up more," my teacher scolds from the corner as he scrolls on his phone.

"Yes sir," another deep breath and he starts the music again. Trying my best to 'tighten up', dance with more 'passion', and also 'loosen up' all at the same time. I don't think he has danced a single day in his life. I can't believe he is my teacher.

"You're thinking too much." Thinking? What? I’m dancing!

Not trusting my mouth I just nod into the mirror. Thankfully the door opens revealing one of my favorite people. I bow to her "Hello CEO Mae."

She returns the bow "Sorry to interrupt," and looks to my teacher "Can I borrow Haneul for a few minutes?"

"Yeah whatever. I needed a smoke break anyway," he says.

We wait for him to leave before I collapse in the floor. Letting out a loud groan from the back of my throat "SeoYeon how can you do this to me?"

"That bad?"

"Bad? Try awful!" Rolling around on the floor, I sit up. "How can I 'tighten up' and 'loosen up' at the same time?!"

She smiles but it doesn't reach her eyes "I’m sorry Han." She runs her hands in her bobbed blonde hair "I promise he's a good teacher. I can't get anyone else at the moment."

Feeling guilty I sit awkwardly for a few minutes "I mean I guess he's not that bad... He at least told me I need to work on the chorus this time."

She sits next to me "I promise once we get bigger and I get some things handled I will get you the best teacher out there," she reaches for a hug. SeoYeon is like a mother to me, one that actually cares about me. These past 6 years as a trainee have been rough. I don't think I would have gotten through it and too debut day without her support.

"I promise I will make you proud. Pay you back for all the support you have given me." Not  letting me go for a long time we savor the hug.

"So I know you are having loads of fun practicing today but I really need to close down the studio early today. Again…"

Again? But I have only been here 5 hours? I really need the practice. "Ok…" I feel my body sag a bit. As much as I dislike my teacher's method of teaching I really need the help. Any help I can get. If my mini lesson with J-Hope was anything to go by. "Do you think I can stay here by myself a little longer? I promise I will lock up! Keep all the lights off except this room."

"I don't know. You know how I feel about you being here all alone."

"You've let me stay before. Please?"

"That was different. You were debuting then."

"What about all the times before that? And I’m preparing for my next comeback now." I use my biggest puppy eyes ever.

She stands with a worried expression on her face for a while. "Ugh fine." She rubs her temples. "But lockup afterwards, you know the combo." I jump up to takler her in another hug "Also I need some songs on my desk soon or you won't have a comeback to prepare for."

"I’m working on them. But I need to meet with PD again to finalize some songs.'

"Ok well i'll break the news to your teacher."

“I’m sure he will be thrilled.”

She laughs “I’m sure. Goodnight Han,” she waves goodbye.