2 - Practice

Dance classes were always a day in hell. I had the worst teacher money could buy, yes I know what I said. My teacher is just some angry dude in mismatched sweats yelling directions at me while he sits in the corner and smokes. His instructions aren't even clear, "Too tight, loosen up, Your right leg was wrong." How am I supposed to learn from that? What's tight? Wrong at what part? I think my teacher just watched one dance themed movie and is copying every line from it. After an extremely frustrating day of "Point your left leg at the 4th part more." I had to leave. Saying my pet had a vet appointment I escaped for the day.

Though I escaped my 'teacher' I still needed to practice so I decided to take Sagwa to Halmeoni's Garden.

~~~

     Sagwa is having the time of her life as usual as she runs around and around the flowers. Chasing birds and squirrels alike. I love watching her run around pick up a toy and carry it around. Only to be quickly discarded for a better toy. The life of a dog is simple, give kisses, play with toys, eat food, sleep, and most importantly, wag their tail like there is no tomorrow. Even if it's just a little nub of one. Watching her always brings peace to my soul. Shes a handful most of the time, with her and her sassiness, I wish I could get her a playmate. Though with my busy scheduling now that's out of the question.

A few barks and my angel appears from behind some flowers. I couldn't tell you the name of them but I am sure Mrs. Lee could give you a whole seminar on just this one flower that lasts at least an hour. Sagwa runs to me and plops a ball in my lap. "You wanna play?" almost nodding to me she tensis to run for the ball. I throw it as hard as I can, like a bullet she's off!

As I stand waiting for her to come back I hear a different bark echo in the park. A higher pitched one. Sagwa returns but no ball in her mouth, instead it's being carried by a shih tzu. A familiar one at that. "Mickey where did you go?" a happy voice yells from the distance. "Mickey? Are we playing hide n seek? I thought we were playing fetch." 

The voice comes closer and I quickly place a face mask on and realise that I forgot my hat at home. Thinking nobody would be here in the middle of the afternoon on a weekday. "He's over here!" I say loud enough the voice can hear me. As I watch Sagwa begin a wrestling match with the smaller dog.

A figure rounds the rose bush. The man from last week with the rose red hair carrying an identical tennis ball. "Oh Mickey. There you are." He scoops up the pup and looks at me "So sorry. Hope he didn't bother you." His black mask hiding a smile.

I giggled a bit "No he just wanted someone to play with him." I reach for Sagwa's head as she stands beside me. Tongue hanging out and looking at Mickey wanting to play more. "I think Sagwa did too. She's the one that dragged him here I think." Her tail is wiggling so fast as she dances on her paws excitedly. I do have to say I am really surprised at her behavior. She usually takes forever to warm up to people. Being this relaxed, even wanting to play with a stranger this close to me is new.

Mickey squirmed out of his owner's hands and immediately began wrestling again "I think Mickey likes her."

"Yeah."

He stands in place and fidgets a bit "So what brings you here?"

"Escaping."

"Ah."

I am 99.999998% sure I know who he is. Which gives me the feeling that I can trust him so I continue "From practice."

"Oh I get that," he takes a seat on the bench behind me. "But you can't run forever. You have to practice sometime."

"I know. That's why i'm here."

"Beautiful practice room," he says.

"Thanks, remember to tell the designer. She will definitely give you a free Hotteok for that," I take a seat on the bench as well.