23- One more favor

Jasper laid awake, holding Harmony in his arms, watching her sleep, watching her breathe, and occasionally kissing the top of her head. All while imagining what his new life will be once he gets back home to Tennessee. Jasper had more than enough room for the girls to have their own bedroom, with a room like they have here, a playroom. He also had a couple of additional rooms if they were to fulfill Amelia's wish and give her the other sibling she's been wishing to have.

He was feeling excited, so excited that it kept him awake nearly the entire night. Jasper also couldn't wait to tell the girls he wasn't leaving them behind like they think he is and was picturing what their faces would look like once they tell them the good news and how they're all coming with him back to his home.

Jasper also thought about not telling them and making it a surprise.

As he laid there thinking, he thought about Eve and Caleb and how he would visit them on his way home. He looked back at Harmony, kissed her forehead, then quietly slid out of bed and got dressed.

He opened the girls' bedroom door, and when the dog saw Jasper, she jumped off Amelia's bed and ran to him. "Come on, girl, let's let you outside," he quietly said, petting her.

On the way outside, he grabbed his phone, and with a massive grin on his face, he did what Eve always does to him. He called her. Only this time, he was calling her a little earlier than she does to him—six-thirty in the morning.

"Do you know what time it is?" Eve scowled as she answered.

Jasper chuckled, "Yes. It's payback for all the times you've called me early in the morning."

"This better be an emergency; otherwise, I'm hanging up and closing my eyes to go back to sleep."

"It's not an emergency."

"Goodbye," she teased.

"Don't you dare hang up on me. I have to talk to you about something."

Eve groaned then sighed, "She gave up on you, didn't she? She found out how you'll fall in love with a woman, then run away. Scared to take the next step."

Jasper rubbed his face and shook his head. "No. That's not it. And that only happened a couple of times. Which, by the way, I wasn't scared, either. I just realized they were the wrong ones. Harmony, however, is the one... I know she is, and I feel it."

"Why are you calling me so early then?"

"I was calling to let you know that it won't just be me stopping by on my way home. And that I'll have three additional people with me: Harmony and her two daughters. And they're not just her daughters anymore; they're mine too," he proudly said with a grin. "I was hoping you'd be anxious to meet who I've fallen in love with and who I plan on making my wife here shortly."

"Are you serious, right now?" Eve excitedly asked, shocked her brother was already talking about marriage and shocked he's saying her kids are now his, too.

"Dead serious. I'm telling you. I found the one, Eve. Harmony is the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with. And I would really love for you to meet her, Amelia, and Zoe. They are the most beautiful people you'll ever meet, and I cannot wait for you to meet them."

"Wow, Jasper! You telling me all of this was something I was not expecting to hear. When you were messaging me the night you were drunk, I seriously thought your talk was just drunk talk. And now that I know that's not the case, of course, I would love to meet her and those two kids."

"It wasn't drunk talk at all. It was the truth."

"Oh my gosh! Now I really can't wait to see you! I still haven't mentioned to Caleb you were coming since he was bummed about you going to another location."