12- Alone with the girls

Days later, Harmony's kids couldn't stop talking about Jasper taking them sledding, making snow angels, the snowball fight, and witnessing Harmony and Jasper kissing. Amelia thought this was Santa's work, and she hoped her plan of asking Santa for a daddy was working.

Amelia was also crossing her fingers, hoping Jasper was the dad she's been wishing to have.

Harmony herself had been thinking about the day Jasper spent with them. Starting the day by waking to giggles, happy squealing, then to come out of the room to see her girls helping Jasper cook breakfast. For Jasper to keep her girls smiling throughout the day, including herself, was an eye-opener for her. He also had her feeling like a kid again.

While Harmony was getting ready for work, her babysitter called, informing her she was sick and wouldn't care for them. She frantically called everyone she knew, and nobody was able to help her out. Including Nick's wife, who claimed she'd be there to help if needed. Unfortunately, she was at her kids' school Christmas program.

As she sat on the bed, she stared at the phone in her hand, debating on calling the one person she knew who wouldn't let her down. Jasper. The only thing was, she thought he was working tonight.

Harmony: I need help.

After sending the text, she facepalmed, wishing she would have worded her message differently, knowing that could mean so many things, especially with him and the way his mind thinks sometimes.

Jasper: What's wrong? Are you okay? Or is there another problem you need help with... wink-wink?

Harmony: Of course, you would come off sounding worried, then end it with a perverted mind.

Jasper: <laughing hard> Anyway, where do you need my help?

Harmony: Do you work tonight?

Jasper: Tomorrow night, I do. Otherwise, my shift here ends in ten minutes. What's up?

Harmony: I'm stuck. My babysitter called saying she isn't feeling too well, and she didn't want to get the kids sick, and everyone else I know is busy tonight.

Jasper: If this your way of asking if I'd watch the girls, my answer is... of course, I will. See you in about fifteen minutes.

Harmony hated asking Jasper to watch the girls, thinking he's got better things to do than watch kids on a Thursday night. But she knows how much he adores them and hopes he's not hurt that he was the last person she contacted. It's not that she didn't want him watching the girls, she was just hoping to see him sitting at the bar and doing his usual, and that's making sure other men left her alone all night.

But for someone to care for her girls, it had to be someone she trusted and knew if she asked Jasper to drop everything for her, he would. As she set her phone back on the bed, she smiled, knowing, either way, she'll see him. When he gets there, and when she gets home from work.

Harmony wasn't going to tell the girls who were coming over to watch them for the night, and as they played in their playroom, she finished getting ready for work.

Fifteen minutes went by, and Jasper was there when he said he'd be. Instead of answering the door, she thought Amelia would like to see who would be watching them, and yelled, Amelia! Can you answer the door for me, please?"

"Okay!"

Amelia ran out of the playroom and to the door. When she opened the door and saw Jasper, her mouth dropped, and her arms immediately wrapped around him. "Casper! Why are you here when mommy has to work?"