3- Working on Harmony

Harmony had a couple of days off from work and enjoyed those days away to spend time with her kids. It also kept her mind from thinking about Jasper, as he'd been consuming her daily and nightly thoughts since she left him at the casino.

To get her mind back to the days before she met Jasper, she spent those two days making snowmen and snow forts in her backyard with her kids, with hopes of avoiding having to run into town for anything.

Which only meant she wanted to avoid running into Jasper.

It wasn't that she didn't like the guy or thought he was a bad guy. It was how Harmony felt whenever she was around him, and she wasn't sure if she liked how he made her feel. More so, she was confused with how her body reacted to him. And it was a feeling she only had for her husband when he was alive, which scared her a little.

Harmony was also feeling a bit embarrassed by running out on Jasper the way she did, knowing he was trying to be friendly and thought he might have been only looking for someone to talk to since he didn't know anybody from the town of Deadwood.

There was one problem: she had a hard time talking to people after her husband died. When Gabriel died, Harmony began distancing herself from everyone. Including her friends and family, and she didn't care to get personal with anyone, which is why she enjoys bartending at the casino. Her job was busy enough to where she didn't have to get into long, in-depth conversations with the patrons, and she was able to keep it simple. For her, it's always; hello, what can I get for you, enjoy your stay at the hotel, and good luck.

Nick and Celine are one of the few closest to her she'll somewhat talk to, and when she returned to work, she was relieved to see the man who had been calling her ever since she left him at the casino wasn't sitting at the bar waiting for her.

Celine walked over to Harmony as she made a drink and tightly wrapped an arm around her. "Why are you ignoring him?"

"Ignoring who?" She asked calmly, knowing she was referring to Jasper.

"Jasper. He mentioned earlier he's been trying to call you and said he'd left messages for you to return his call, and you still haven't."

Harmony picked up the drink she just made and looked at Celine. "I never had my phone on me. As I was busy spending time with Amelia and Zoe."

Celine lowered her head and shook it a little after Harmony walked away. She noticed Harmony's expression and could tell with her response that she knew Jasper was trying to get a hold of her and knew she was doing what she does best, and that's, ignoring people who want to talk to her.

Celine saw Nick walking around, making sure everything was running smoothly, and rushed to him. "Hey, Nick. You haven't seen Jasper around, have you?"

Nick looked at his watch, then to Celine. "He should be at the Adams House until seven; why?"

Celine arched her brows high, giving him the, you know why. Kind of look. Nick caught on and sighed. "She's still not allowing him to talk to her, is she..."

"Nope. Which is why I'm looking for him."

Nick disappointingly shook his head. "I don't think she ever will. She's too damn stubborn."

"He needs to keep trying. Those kids need to experience what Christmas is and what it's all about."

"I know that, and you know that. And I'm afraid to say that won't be happening this year. I've tried, my wife has tried, and you've tried." Nick rested his hands on his hips and looked up. "After hearing all good things about Jasper, and how all the women adored him. I honestly thought by hiring him, he would be the one to snap Harmony out of this three-year depression she's been in." Nick lowered his head and sighed. "Maybe I was wrong."