11- Jasper's magic

Harmony finished writing her letter, and the moment she stepped foot into the living room, she stopped to take in the precious sight of Jasper with her girls'. Zoe was now on his lap, with Amelia sitting beside them, helping Zoe tell Jasper what she wishes to have.

The one thing Harmony has always wanted was to have their father in their lives. What parent wouldn't? But knowing that'll never happen, she often wondered if she would ever find someone, 'someday,' who would love her children as he would have. Seeing Jasper interact and show his love for her children, she now believes she found 'that someone.'

Never did she ever think that day would come. Not until now.

She was still feeling the Christmas blues, but while hiding in her room and doing something, Jasper asked that she do; she had time to think. At first, she didn't agree with Nick or Jasper pushing Christmas onto her or her girls'. But now. The curiosity with Amelia of Santa and Christmas, and how earlier at the grocery store, how she asked Santa if she was a naughty girl to never receive a gift from him, broke her heart, and she now feels Nick and Jasper have been right all along. And that's letting her dislike for Christmas affect her children.

She looked at the letter in her hand, looked at Jasper, then walked over to his jacket, and placed her letter in his coat's inside pocket.

"Mommy, look!' Zoe excitedly yelled, holding up the letter after she turned around and saw Harmony.

Harmony walked over to them and sat next to Amelia, then looked at Jasper. He had a worried look in his eye, afraid she would snap at him for what he did with the kids, but that fear he was feeling quickly faded when she smiled and mouthed, thank you.

She looked at Amelia and held out her hand. "Can I see what you wrote for Santa?"

Amelia looked down at the paper, then looked at Jasper. She wasn't sure if she could show her the letter. Not until Jasper gave her the confirmation she was looking for. "It's okay. She can see it."

She handed Harmony the piece of paper and smiled. "This is what I want."

Harmony looked at the first line, and as she read it, she felt her stomach drop. Then she pointed to what Amelia was asking for. "What's this?"

"It's what I asked Santa for when I met him with Harper. I wanted to remind him that was what I wanted more than anything."

Harmony felt saddened by Amelia's request and looked at Jasper. She never knew Amelia ever thought about having a dad and was a little shocked to see that as her first wish. She looked down at Amelia and sadly breathed, "Santa can't do that, honey."

"Why not?"

"Because that's a complicated task for him to do."

"I told her the same thing. But she was persistent about having it written, so he wouldn't forget," Jasper quietly said, knowing it was something Harmony would disapprove of having in her letter.

Harmony felt tears forming, took a deep breath, then tightly closed her eyes, and held all the air in, hoping to stop the flood from breaking the barrier. When she felt it was safe to open her eyes, she did and heavily exhaled. She took another deep breath, lifted the letter, and continued reading. "Nintendo Switch?"

"It's a video game, mom. Harper and Tia have it, and it's a lot of fun!"

"I know what it is, but that's a lot of money."

"That's okay. Santa has money. He can buy it for me."

Jasper chuckled, and when Harmony looked at him, he shrugged his shoulders and grinned. "Kids."