18 | Mr. Miller and Shopping Sprees

"Cry me a river and drown in it, bitch

"Cry me a river and drown in it, bitch."

♢♦♢

Day Eight

The second Scarlet saw the head of black hair resting against the sofa, she prepared herself for another stay-at-home day. Here she was, dressing up in those vile clothes, only to find out Davon won't be going to work another day. If only she had known, she wouldn't have disrupted her slumber.

After Davon had opened the door for her at the brink of sunrise, Scarlet shot straight for the guest room given to her. She was out like a light switch when her body met the mattress. Unfortunately, that sleep was short-lived when her alarm rang. And here she was, standing downstairs as she watched his unannounced plan of not going to his office.

"Sir, are you not going to work today?" She asked, all the while trying her best to mask her irritation. But she also felt that it wasn't necessary, given that Davon could read her like a book.

She knew that was mostly because they were much closer than they were when they first met. That was a lot of progress. And when the idea that she could lure him out already came to Scarlet's mind, she shook it away.

"Well, I am. Just thought I'd drop by." He replied in a voice completely different from his usual one.

He stood up from the sofa and turned around to see Scarlet. Turned out, he was not actually Davon. He had black hair that was neatly styled, dark brown eyes, and clearly aged features. He was just as tall as Davon was, and a black pant and suit clung to his body.

"Hey dad." Is what Scarlet heard from behind her. Davon threw her a friendly glance as a greeting once he passed by, and he approached the unknown man. They both embraced each other vaguely, with the older man patting Davon's back endearingly. Scarlet then realized.

It was John Miller standing before her.

"A pleasure to meet you, Red." He called out once he pulled away from Davon.

"Likewise, sir."

This was the man her father was so hell bent on blackmailing using Davon. Scarlet stood there as she watched him- no, inspected him. He looked like any other businessman, but she knew there was more to it. And although the questions lingered on the tip of her tongue, she decided it was best not to bombard a newly met person with questions.

"It's Roselle, dad."

John looked at Scarlet for a fleeting second at his son's words. The same surprise Davon had when she had told him her real name, was quite evident on his father's face right now.