12 | Memories and Progression

"Some women are lost in the fire

"Some women are lost in the fire. Some are built from it."

♢♦♢

Day Five

Scarlet was forced to recover from her absentmindedness when Davon sat down on the couch opposite to her. Once again, they were both sitting in his office at 'Miller Enterprises', but he had noticed how Scarlet was clearly distracted. She had spoken approximately five words the entire day today.

If only he knew what ran through her mind. What unrest muddled her brain, all because of what he had said yesterday when watching the news channel.

Scarlet didn't know why she was hell bent on finding out about her past life and the man who raised her. She was a heartless killing machine. Nothing more, nothing less. But now, she was as curious as a cat, and it was obvious that all these unwanted feelings arose after she met Davon.

"Did I do something wrong?"

Scarlet only blinked once or twice. There were countless things wrong, but she couldn't tell him. She couldn't tell him that she didn't even know who she is, or who her father is. Identity crisis would be one way to put her condition.

"Meet my eyes, love."

At this, her head tipped up abruptly to catch his gaze. A seething rage was evident in Scarlet's eyes, whereas Davon just looked like he was trying to suppress a smile.

He had easily caught onto her hatred for any sorts of affection. It did concern him, but at the same time, he didn't know anything about her. All he knew was that her name was Red, she was his bodyguard, she loved darkness, and she hated all forms of endearment, whether words or touch.

"You know what." Davon said as he got into a more comfortable position. His elbows sat on the armrests of his sofa seat, and he slumped down by a little.
"Let's play Twenty-One Questions, get to know each other a little bit."

"...No." Scarlet let out after a few moments of consideration. She glanced at his desk, then back at him, as if to ask him what he's doing instead of working. Davon never removed his eyes off of her, and the grin he was trying to subdue finally made its way onto his lips.

"Yes. Now, I'll begin with the questions." He declared casually, which inevitably irritated Scarlet. There was nothing interesting about her. Despite the fact that she may make him grow closer to her if she played along, she knew her answers would bore him out of his mind.

"How was your childhood? What were you like when you were little?"

Scarlet's mind went completely blank. His intense stare on her didn't help her, either. Davon's playfulness slowly began to melt off of him the more he observed her. Concern began to slip in, up until he started regretting asking her the question. But he didn't say a word, and neither did she.