07 | Red Flower

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't."

♢♦♢

Day One

Scarlet wasn't the type of person who had anger issues. She could get irritated easily, yes, but not angered. That changed today though, when she walked into Davon's office with him.

'Miller Enterprises' is what spelled out in huge letters on the structure. Said structure could easily be mistaken for a skyscraper, but Scarlet was not the tiniest bit surprised.

The exterior was covered in blue glass panels. The entrance door was made of glass too, and the twisted part of the assassin's mind wondered what would happen if it all collapsed on the people working inside. Except, Scarlet didn't have a 'twisted part' in her brain. Her mindset in its entirety was deranged.

Scarlet had walked side-by-side with Davon, who strolled in with all his charming glory. He was not arrogant, absolutely not. There was this aura of authority that surrounded him, making him fit for his position.

The formal clothing of a black button-up and dress pants of similar color only enhanced his image. He was not the official CEO, but just a caretaker behind his father's back. Interestingly, the employees preferred him over John Miller.

Now, the spectators could not be blamed for their surprised reactions, could they? Watching a nearly six-foot tall man walk in with a bodyguard shorter and leaner than him, they were bound to giggle. On top of that, their sexist and misogynistic brains were convinced that women could not be guardians, which made the situation all the more humorous.

Scarlet was quick to note all their reactions, and although a raging fire lit up in her, she quenched it. For her father's sake, and for the assigned task.

"Dad didn't give me the liberty to fire people. Otherwise, I would have taken action." Davon said as they walked into his office. The office was... big, to say the very least.

It was spacious. With a large pinewood desk and three desktops on top of it, wooden shelves sitting on either side of the desk, two separate pairs of couches on different ends of the room and a large T.V, It may just be the most lavish office to exist. The entire building was stylish, but Davon's office was on another level.

"Take a seat, Red."

Scarlet already began to hate that name. Although it wasn't that different from her 'real' name, she found it to be annoying.

She did as Davon said. She walked over to the couches and sat down carefully, before pulling out the gun from her waistband and tossing it aside. Scarlet was in the same outfit as yesterday. Identical, even. The suitcase she pulled out from Red's car contained nothing but undergarments, black pants and dress shirts. She was lucky enough to even find two pairs of bedtime clothing. The only beneficial outcome in this was that everything fit her to some extent.