26 | Weight of Origin

"You want a battle? I'll give you war

"You want a battle? I'll give you war."

♢♦♢

Day Eleven

Scarlet sat opposite to Davon on his bed, as he typed away on the keyboard of his laptop. He had been doing so for a while now. As she looked around the room out of sheer boredom, she recalled what had taken place the last time she was here. Interestingly, the reminiscence didn't infuriate her, it only amused her,

"Now, before I show this to you, I'll need to give you a little background information." Davon stated, and Scarlet looked towards him with her interest fully piqued. Although her mind still raced with the embrace that occurred in the darkness of her room, she had also turned antsy ever since Davon agreed to tell her what he knew.

"There were in total twelve 'Heads' of that organization. Eleven of them had been killed, and as you know, my father's the last remaining one." He explained slowly with a bit of worry in his eyes. Scarlet stared back blankly and nodded her head for him to continue.

Nervous anticipation took control of her body. That may have been because she was finally receiving an answer to her question, or because the explanation she was about to get could possibly be far from pleasant. Perhaps, her current agitation was due to a combination of both.

Without a word, Davon twirled the laptop around on his lap so Scarlet could have a look at its display. Several tabs of the browser rested towards the top of the screen, and the one opened right now seemed to be an article of sorts.

"The first Head, Luke Adams. Him and his wife were found dead, and their only daughter named Janice was missing."

Scarlet observed the picture of the family of three with concentration. The photo looked to be quite old and that made sense, given from the idea that this had happened decades ago.

Davon clicked on the next tab, and it opened another article, with it's headline talking about the death of another family. This time, the picture consisted of four family members; a mother, a father, a son, and a daughter.

"The Mitchell's were the next victims, since that man over there-" Davon pointed at the father of the two kids in the picture. "-was the second Head. All of them had been found dead, except for the son, James, who had also gone missing."

This time, the picture was in black and white. A twinge of familiarity sparked in Scarlet the more she studied the face of the missing infant. Oddly enough, she felt that she could recognize him. But she couldn't tell who it exactly was, and so she shrugged the queries away.