XXXV. Where You Left Your Heart

7 years laterMystic Falls

7 years later
Mystic Falls

Kennedy Castle walked alongside her cousin, Hope Mikaelson, in the halls of the Salvatore school. They were meeting up with a fellow student named Henry.

"Hey, you have the money?" Hope asked him as Kennedy played lookout in case there were any professors coming their way. Hope exhaled as Henry pulled out a wad of cash as Kennedy's eyes widened at the amount of money he handed her cousin. "I'm not gonna ask where you got this," Hope sighed.

Hope pulled out two vials of her blood and handed them to the werewolf. "Remember, one now, one after."

"Are you really sure you want to go through with this, Henry?" Kennedy asked after she turned her head to the two people with her when she saw that the coast was clear.

"Yes," he answered and Kennedy nodded her head.

"Do us a favor," Hope looked back at the boy. "Be discreet."

The two cousins gave one last look to Henry and then walked away down the hall.

****

Kennedy was sprawled out on her bed in her dorm room that she shared with Hope. A book was laid out in front of her as she stretched out on her stomach reading her assignment for one of her classes.

Hope sat at her desk, writing in her notebook as she worked on an assignment as well. Kennedy heard footsteps outside the door of their dorm and then knocking interrupted the working students. "Come in," Hope called out. Kennedy immediately sat upright as one of her teachers entered the dorm room. "Mr. Williams, what's up?"

"Mr. Saltzman wants to see you both. It's about Henry Benoit," the professor announced to them.

Hope crossed her arms as Kennedy climbed out of her bed to stand next to Hope. "Is he going to call our parents?" The blonde witch asked.

"That, and he thinks your dad should know what you've been up to," Mr. Williams looked directly at Hope and then at Kennedy. "He already tried to call your father but he's out of town for work and Mr. Saltzman thinks he should know as well."

"Yeah, good luck finding him," Hope sassed when Dorian mentioned Klaus.

"Back your bags, Hope, Kennedy. You're going home."

****

New Orleans

"Okay, guys," Poppy smiled as she brought the table's drinks. "If these don't prep your liver for Mardi Gras, then nothing will."