XLVIII. The Tale of Two Wolves

Note: You are all going to hate me after this one

Juliette was barely hanging on by a thread. She nor Lucien had told their precious daughter that she was going to die. The dark magic was consuming the young girl and the black lines had now spread to her back and shoulders. They both didn't know what was going to happen to Kennedy. Lucien had spent time overseas during the course of the past seven years to find answers as to why Kennedy was able to exist. Both Juliette and Lucien were dead and they still didn't understand why Juliette was able to get pregnant.

They didn't know why she was able to hear or smell from far away. But the one thing that Juliette and Lucien knew was that if their was a possibility that Kennedy would become a vampire once the magic fully consumed her, she would lose her magic. They didn't want that for her. They wanted her to live a long, happy, human life. Juliette wanted her daughter to fall in love much to Lucien's disapproval because he didn't want anybody to hurt his little girl. Juliette wanted Kennedy make memories with her friends and to live in the moment.

Juliette sighed wishing she had located her necklace that contained her magic but Freya and Vincent couldn't track it after Juliette asked them for help. If she found it then she could siphon the magic out of Kennedy and Hope without Klaus having to use Caroline's daughters. Juliette was still struggling with this but had put her thoughts and feelings on the back burner about it for the other things going on in her life that needed more attention.

****

Kennedy was standing right next to Hope as they peered down at Stefan Salvatore's journal in the library of the boarding school. The journal was opened so that students could read it but it was placed in a clear glass class so no one could touch it.

The blonde witch gazed at an old picture of Katherine Pierce that was dated 1864. While she was staring at it, Elijah entered the library and made his way over to his two nieces. "The diary of Stefan Salvatore," he observed.

"We're not supposed to touch it," Hope said with her arms crossed over her chest. "But I practically have the whole thing memorized. And spoiler alert: dad is the villain and you're the evil henchman."

"From one very biased perspective," was Elijah's response to Hope.

Kennedy was still staring at the journal as she also had studied it cover to cover multiple times. She always smiled whenever her mother popped up in the journals that Stefan wrote. He always spoke fondly of the original vampire despite that fact that she was a Mikaelson and he hated her family. Kennedy didn't say it out loud or ever mention it to her mother but she always thought that Stefan had a little crush on Juliette at some point from what she gathered from the journals.