XLVII. 'Til the Day I Die

The black veins were back across Kennedy's arms as well as the voices

The black veins were back across Kennedy's arms as well as the voices. After killing all those vampires, the quiet didn't last. Kennedy only had a few hours of peace from all the rage and her parents were growing increasingly worried at what was happening to their daughter.

Juliette had attempted to distract Kennedy by having them paint together but it didn't work in her favor. Kennedy felt guilty for what she had done but her father had tried multiple times to convince her that those vampires deserved what they got.

They had found out later on that Emmett wasn't among the dead vampires in the church so they were still on alert. Lucien and Marcel had teamed up once again to track him down but they didn't find him anywhere in the city.

After Kennedy left her mom to find Hope, Juliette noticed the black veins had spread across her daughter's skin. The veins were across the back of her neck and Juliette felt at a loss for what to do to get rid of them.

Freya knocked on the side of the doorframe, making Juliette snap out of her thoughts. "Hey, I wanted to ask you something," the blonde walked further into the room and sat down where Kennedy had previously been sitting. "Keelin and I decided to get married today and I want you to be the maid of honor with Rebekah."

Juliette's little frown she had on her face instantly turned into a small smile on her rose painted lips. "I would be honored, Freya."

"I know there is only one maid of honor but I have two sisters who mean the world to me. I need you both by my side," Juliette leaned over and wrapped Freya into her arms. Freya chuckled lightly at her younger sister and hugged her back.

"I'm so happy that you asked me. It reminds me of my wedding with Lucien," Juliette thought aloud while reminiscing about marrying Lucien five years ago.

Freya's smile slipped a little which Juliette definitely noticed and nudged the blonde in the side to get her to talk. "I'm glad that you said yes to being the maid of honor. It's just that-that Elijah and Vincent said no and don't know what to do," her voice broke towards the end of her sentence and Juliette hugged her tighter as a tear rolled down Freya's cheek.

****

Flashback
Five years ago

It was the day of Juliette's wedding to the love of her life. Even though the hybrid should have been happy, she was also feeling down at the fact that her siblings, minus Freya, wouldn't be able to attend. Currently, Freya and Hayley were helping with the bride's hair. Juliette managed a smile through the mirror at her sister and best friend as Freya worked on the finishing touches.