XXXVI. One Wrong Turn on Bourbon

Juliette was now back in New Orleans after her trip to France where she had visited Elijah. She was next to Freya on the couch after hearing from the oldest Mikaelson that her best friend was missing. Both Mikaelson sisters were frustrated with themselves as they had tried multiple locator spells in multiple different languages to find their missing friend.

"Sisters," Klaus entered the room, making both Juliette and Freya face their brother. "The years have been kind to you," he told Freya which made her leap into his arms from not seeing her younger brother in years.

"Well, you know, just sunblock, the love of a good woman, and literal witchcraft," Freya spoke to Klaus.

The original hybrid turned his eyes to Juliette next and before he could say anything to her, she wrapped her arms around him. She had missed him terribly over the last seven years. No matter how many times he has wronged her in the past, she will always love him.

"It's good to see you, too, little sister," Klaus gleamed down at the original heretic.

He smiled at his two present sisters but then Freya's grin fell. "You can't stay. Hope's home and we don't know what will happen if you're around Kennedy."

"I have no interest in infecting my daughter or my niece with this darkness. Once we've found Hope's mother, I'll crawl back to whence I came," Klaus informed Juliette and Freya. "This city reeks of blood like it hasn't since the War of 1812."

"Yeah, well, you're to blame this time, Nik," Juliette spoke calmly to not anger her brother. Whenever she ended up angering Klaus in the past, she would always end up with a dagger in her heart for many years. "You got too close."

"We know you spoke with Elijah and then hours later, it rained red," Freya continued.

Klaus started walking around the room. "No story that begins with water turning into blood has ever ended in triumph. I need to leave or things are gonna get worse. Tell me about Hayley."

"Juliette and I have tried every locator spell that we know in every language we know and we even tried to channel Lucien for more power," Freya expressed but both Klaus and Juliette weren't listening as they heard Hope running from her room to where Klaus was.

Before Hope could see her father, Klaus disappeared with his advanced speed. "Dad?" Hope asked when she reached where her two aunts were at the bottom of the steps but Klaus was no where in sight.

Hope looked sadly and disappointed at her aunts as the tribrid realized her dad left before she could talk to him or even see him. Juliette sighed and moved over to Hope and gave her a side hug, gently rubbing her hand along the tribrid's back.

"Are you okay?" Juliette asked the young tribrid.

"I'm fine, Auntie J," Hope lied but Juliette knew she wasn't telling the truth. Hope smiled weakly up at her aunt to prove that she was alright but Juliette saw right through it and knew her niece was hurt and disappointed.

****

Kennedy heard someone inside the room she was a standing a few feet away from. She cautiously approached her door as she didn't recognize the person. A couple years ago, after the Hollow came back, different abilities came to Kennedy. She had the advanced hearing of a vampire as well as her other senses were heightened.