p r o l o g u e

It all started during the 10th century in a small village, now known as Mystic Falls, Virginia. The Mikaelson family enjoyed their time together. Rebekah and Juliette Mikaelson always helped their mother with housework. Niklaus Mikaelson loved to paint and even showed his little sister, Juliette, how to mix paints. They loved to paint together outside.

One night, Klaus awoke his sister and youngest brother, Henrik. He wanted to go watch the villagers in their wolf forms. The three snuck outside together during the full moon but it quickly turned sour when Henrik was attacked by one of the werewolves.

It was then that Esther decided to cast and immortality spell on her children to protect them as  she didn't want to lose any one else.

The Mikaelson children became faster and stronger but nature didn't like this imbalance. Neighbors could keep the Mikaelsons' out, the sunlight burnt their skin, and the White Oak tree could kill them. There was also a strong desire for human blood.

Juliette and her younger brother, Kol, used to do magic together. Kol was a witch whereas Juliette was slightly different. She couldn't do her own magic which meant that she had to siphoner power from people who did. Kol allowed his older sister to siphon his magic to let her perform spells.

When they became vampires, Kol resented Juliette. He hated her because when they came back as vampires, Juliette kept her ability to do magic and he didn't. She didn't need to siphon from anyone anymore as she could now siphon the magic from her vampire side.

When Esther found this out, she tried to take Juliette's ability to do magic. Juliette grew furious with her mother's rejection.

After Mikael killed Klaus's birth father and his entire family, Juliette teamed up with her older brother and killed their mother. They pinned the murder on Mikael and the Mikaelson children split up.

Juliette and Niklaus stayed behind with Elijah and Rebekah to bury their mother. The four of them promised each other that they would be there for each other, always and forever.

•••

Juliette and her siblings ran together to escape the wrath of Mikael. After they fed off of a caravan full of wealthy humans. They decided to steal the humans' clothes and pose as them. This is when Juliette met Lucien Castle for the first time. He promised to help them blend in and pretend to be nobles. Lucien fell in love with Juliette but did not act on his feelings because of Klaus. He wrote her a note to meet him but the note was intercepted by her brother. Lucien was heartbroken when Juliette didn't show up to the spot he asked her to meet him.

A while later, Finn told his siblings that the villagers were talking about demons drinking human blood. This meant that their father knew and that he was coming after them.

Before leaving Southern France, Juliette found Lucien. She was panicking profusely because Mikael was after her and her siblings.

"We need to leave," she rushed out gripping onto Lucien's hand. Lucien wanted nothing more than to leave with the girl in front of him but he had been compelled.

"I can't leave with you, love," Lucien told the girl. She spun around quickly to face the newly turned vampire.

Tears were forming in her eyes. She was terrified that Mikael was after her. "Please, Lucien," Juliette pleaded.