25

Beyond the horizon, the sun illuminated the shimmering haze of pollution

Beyond the horizon, the sun illuminated the shimmering haze of pollution. In the far distance, the silhouette of the skyline pierced through the warm glow like a jagged mountain ridge. Awaiting the starlight and the silvery moon, the shadows of the trees danced upon the cedar fence, leaves flickering like a candlelight.

Amid the perfume of the summer blooms, they felt the cool air of the evening wash over their beings. As the trees began to hide their bold greens, cloaking the presence of day and masking them in the velvet starlit blanket of the evening haze in which the moon slowly shied out and revealed it's presence.

A certain blonde haired five-year old had been wandering around, playing outside for a bit after dinner as the witch waited for her on the front door steps, the time being the young girl's bedtime already. "Tiara!" Her voice emanated and echoed out, calling for the youngest Minamoto child.

There was no response for a full minute until she heard the crunching of gravel. "Nora-oneesan!" The high pitched and familiar voice called out, her rapid foot steps approaching, running toward Nora who spotted the young girl as well as her .. companion.

"Princess .. what is that?" The witch stared in horror, something that was rather rare but .. she couldn't help it as Tiara grinned happily. "I found this, can we keep it?" Apparently, the young five year old was serious about keeping the Mokke. It wasn't just a Mokke. It looked absolutely horrid.

Petrified and still, yet twitching in certain places. Missing a few patches of hair, and it's usual color as it was bathed and doused in grey and blue. The pitiful Mokke looked like a rabid animal as Tiara stuck it out for the witch to hold. "Tiara--"

"He's kind of dirty, but can you use magic and clean him, Nora-nee?" She asked innocently, peering over to him. Nora wouldn't dare contaminate her magic as she chuckled nervously and pat the young girl's head. "Let's ask .. Teru .." She was not going to deal with that yucky Mokke.

If Teru wasn't good at house chores, he had to be at least good at bathing a creature. Besides, he was a science nerd anyway, that part of him sometimes terrified her. He liked doing experiments on supernaturals every now and then while they were on patrol, testing out the potency of his experiments on them.

He was a practical mad man, and that was something she would never be afraid to admit, considering it was true.

"Teru!" The witch called out for him as the light thumps of footsteps coming down the stairs had rung out, a mop of blonde hair peering midway down the staircase as he was met with his sister and Nora, the witch pointing a thumb at the Mokke in Tiara's hands as he immediately grabbed a towel from the bathroom.

"What's this, Tiara?" Her elder brother asked with a hesitant chuckle. Her curiosity was going to be the death of them as she dropped the seemingly half dead Mokke into the white towel that Teru took from the bathroom as she grinned broadly. "It's going to be my slave! I found it!"