10

YEAR ONE

YEAR ONE

A random string of beads; a chaotic sequence of sparkling, dull, ostentatious and revolting. Each one was linked to the next by the string, by time, but cannot predict what comes next. The mind must take what it was given and make the best of it, never loosing hope that more beauty would come.

Her ruby eyes spoke of a beautiful soul and her movements, they had the glinting never-ending seas of crimson. Although what people missed behind its enchantment was the mischief that flickered in her scarlet eyes as they made a soft contact with a boy sitting in the back of the classroom, chin resting on the palm of his hand as he tried to hide his surprise with a poker face that betrayed him.

Despite this, her smile was filled with a kindness that seemed so innocent and genuine. She stood tall, straight and proud, not an ounce of nervousness in her stature. She was tricking everyone into believing that she was a warming ray of light; inviting, comforting, and glowing.

Sleek raven black hair cascaded down her back, reaching midway down the back of the uniform that seemed to fit her a little too perfectly.

"Hello! My name is Natsuki Nora, please take care of me everyone!" She bowed her head as murmurs were triggered, the game had already begun once she entranced and enticed those who looked at her except for one certain male who seemed to be amused by the situation.

The teacher deemed that her introduction was satisfactory enough. "Alright Natsuki, I believe our vice president of the student council is in this class somewhere. I also believe you have yet to tour the school, he may help you with that. Now take a seat in a free empty spot so we can begin class."

As she walked past the row of students' who's eyes trailed after her, watching as she made her way to the back row, sitting beside their beloved and infamous vice president, also known as the most popular first year of their grade as she plopped down into the desk, pulling out her notebook and pencil with a daunting smile that met a certain blonde haired male.

She was a late---extremely late transfer and it was beyond unusually odd for them to receive new students at this time, which made her the hot topic of the hallways.

The two sixteen year olds; who were seemingly older than most of the kids in their grade due to the fact that their birthday was earlier in the academic year, were playing a game, one in which they communicated with nothing more than poker faces and eye glances.

One was trying to figure out why there was a new familiar transfer student in his class, and the other was trying to slither herself out of the prying gaze.

By the time the bell rung, Natsuki— Nora had been engulfed in students surrounding her desk as she made conversation with them, a smile or two here and there that triggered conversations between a group of boys. Word about her spread like wildfire in the school.