9

Raven locks of black hair laid sprawled on the arm of the couch, ruby eyes stared up at the ceiling lights dully as her arms moved in a rocking manner

Raven locks of black hair laid sprawled on the arm of the couch, ruby eyes stared up at the ceiling lights dully as her arms moved in a rocking manner. The slowed heartbeat, light breathing and sound snoozing had been the work of Nora's arms that were a cocoon for sleep as the young child clung onto her shirt collar.

Nora's vocal chords made sound waves that reverberated against her chest as she hummed a magical tune, lulling the baby to sleep, putting it's wails to rest.

Teru had gotten home earlier than his younger brother as he opened the door, halfway through announcing his presence before quieting down, spotting the pair that was on the couch. Their breaths were steady and equal, soft as the rise and fall of their chests as Teru let out a soft smile.

He found it amusing that the same witch who stated that she hated children, was now stuck as the babysitter of one while the two boys were away day by day.

Teru slipped off his shoes as he held up a few strands of Nora's long locks of ebony hair that fell from her sides and framed her doll-like porcelain face. Although he didn't want to do it, the exorcist gently tapped the teenage girl awake as she had let out a light groan and eyes fluttered open, revealing a captivating sea of red.

"Welcome home." The witch murmured lazily as the boy held up the bag in his hand. Her eyes seemed to awaken properly as she tried to sit up, until realizing that there was an eighteen pound child sitting on her chest as she sighed, exhaling a tired breath, rubbing her eyes.

Teru felt slightly bad as he helped her out a bit, gently prying his younger sister off of the witch, enabling her to sit up properly. "Did Princess eat yet?" The elder brother asked as the witch had nodded in exhaustion.

"She cried, ate, slept after I changed her diaper." Nora indeed hated children, taking care of them was bothersome, but Tiara had melted a small way into the witch's heart, being the first baby for her to ever tolerate nonetheless take care of.

Nora checked the bag as she breathed a sigh of relief. She made Teru buy her a box of pads, currently being on her period as she quite literally wanted to just run herself off a cliff right then and there. The witch herself could barley walk as she slammed the bathroom door shut, earning a light and reluctant chuckle from Teru.

Being fourteen years old, Nora still had periods, although they were inconsistent. Be it because of stress or exorcism work, but regardless, her body still functioned like a normal human, including puberty and the menstrual cycle.

Saving some mercy for the witch, Teru, instead of staying after-school like usual for a few after school activities, he came home as early as possible to give Nora a helping hand before she completely lost her mind.

The witch now looked like him. The two of them were equally exhausted, bags underneath their eyes and messed up tousled hair. Nora had knots in her long cascading raven locks that hadn't been brushed in weeks, even after taking showers. She was at the point of exhaustion that she could now take cold showers without flinching, whining or complaining.