The Last Night

Sam never noticed how when Mercedes talks about something she's passionate about, her eyes light up, or how when he does an impression and she laughs, it becomes contagious. But now, he's starting to notice these little things, and it pained him they would leave in only a day.

"What are you looking at?" She asked, her smile growing small as they ate their breakfast together. Sam removed his hand from his cheek, as well as his eyes from bringing attention to Mercedes's small gestures.

"Nothing, I just really love you,"

Mercedes stopped chewing for a small second and smiled with a hint of surprise from Sam's sudden affection. "I love you too," she said, and then she looked at her plate, "Are you ready for tonight?"

Bowling, the fair, hiking, dining, the movies, and participating in pottery flashed before their eyes. Mercedes leaves in one day. They had one last night together and had to make it count. So, they planned to have a double date with Kurt because her best friend would also be deeply missed. Plus, Blaine was in town.

"I think so," he replied, although there was some missing truth behind his answer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you ready?" Mercedes asked. She wore a magenta dress with a black belt.

"I think so," Kurt replied. "I love the outfit."

Mercedes smiled. "Thanks, do you think there their yet?"

Kurt straightened out his hat. "Honestly...no, they're both bad at being on time."

She laughed and grabbed her purse, "Very true."

Mercedes and Kurt walked into the restaurant and scanned around to see if their dates were spotted. Yep. Blaine was waving crazily to get their attention, and they were also surprisingly on time.

Blaine adjusted his bowtie as they sat down. "Nice to see you guys," he said.

"Nice to see you too, Blaine," said Mercedes.

"You look nice," Sam said, noticing she dressed up and looked beautiful in it.

"Thank you."

"I can't believe your going on tour." Blaine said, starting the conversation off with big news. "Thats amazing."

Mercedes looked to Sam who paid an awful lot of attention towards the appetizers. He'd never order one considering the price, but something brought his attention towards it.

"Yeah, I'm going to miss you guys so much," she said, and then looked at Sam who seemed to be ignoring the thought.

"We will miss you too, Cedes. Too much if that's possible! Right, Sam?"

Sam coughed and turned a page of the menu. "We should probably order."

"Right," Blaine said, forgetting his menu was in front him.

Later, the server came. "Hello, my name is Sanatana and I will be your server tonight. What can I get you?"

"I'll have the spaghetti," said Sam.

"Same here," Blaine added. She wrote it down and then turned towards Mercedes.

"Oh my gosh, your Mercedes Jones right?"

"Yes I am," she shook her head. "Are you a fan?"

"Of course! I love your music. Are you working on anymore songs?"

"Actually, she's going on tour tomorrow," Kurt butt in.

"Really?"

Mercedes nodded her head.