Prom

Mercedes stepped into the light and gazed at her reflection. There she stood, senior prom, wearing the most beautiful dress imaginable. Blue, indigo, and silver sparkles shone back as she twirled to get a better look. She felt like a princess but needed a prince in order for it to be true. Her prince would be here soon, but first, she had to interact with the villain.

"Wow honey, you look beautiful." Her father said as he stepped into her room. He then placed a kiss on her forehead and handed her a piece of jewerly.

"What's this?" she asked. Her father took the necklace and put it around her neck.

"Just something special for my beautiful princess," he said, and then walked out of the room.

Mercedes still was angry at him for not approving Sam, and a silver necklace wouldn't make it better. Yesterday she went to bed early and never got to ask Sam what happened last night, but hoped everything was ok. The good thing was Sam left the house to get his job back, which gave her time to get ready.

Curled hair and lashes later, she finally heard her prince ring the doorbell. Her mother opened it and let Sam in after she hugged him and offered him plenty to eat. Sam kindly denied her offer and instead walked to Mercedes' room. Roses were in one hand, while a surprise shock crept upon his face.

"Everything ok?" she asked. Sam gulped and fluttered his eyelashes, then dropped a rose to the floor. Scattered, he quickly picked it up and placed it in the bouquet.

"Yeah-um...you look beautiful. Is it hot in here?" he asked while loosening his shirt around his neck.

"Thanks, and no. I'm actually kinda cold. Where did you get the suit?" she asked, looking at the purple tie he never could afford.

"Oh, Kurt actually lent it to me. He said I could keep it because it was too bland for his taste...whatever that means. Anyway, I got my job back."

"That's great!" she said.

"Yeah... I should probably give these to you." He handed Mercedes the bouquet of roses.

"Thanks, these are really lovely, Sam. And thoughtful."

After they shared a small moment of gratitude together, Sam suggested they leave. But before doing so, her parents had a few words.

"Are you two leaving now?" her mother asked.

"Yeah, we're just about off," said Sam.

"Have a good one, you two look lovely together," she said, clearly holding back tears. "You look lovely Mercedes, and Sam...so handsome."

He smiled and nodded thank you.

"Did you get your job back?" Her father asked as they stood at the doorway, similar to last night.

"Yeah. I'll pay back the money as soon as possible, I promise Mr.Jones."

Her father smiled and then placed a hand on his shoulder. "Call me Fred."

--------------------------------------

When Mercedes got into the car, she couldn't keep it in anymore. "Ok, what happened last night. My dad never lets anybody call him that, not even Shane was allowed to do that."

Sam grabbed the wheel and smirked. "It's between you and my dad."

Mercedes shrugged. She didn't care, as long as her father approved. Once they finally arrived at the school, Sam told Mercedes to wait so he could open the door for her.

"This is the closest thing I could get you to a limo." he said while grabbing her hand when she got out of the car.

"Well, there were a few bumps.."