A Ransom

Another chapter update!

Warning: This chapter does contain violence. If you are uncomfortable with violence, please skip or PM me for a brief description of what happens.

Also, this is how things kind of start, if you know what I mean! Enjoy! 😊

Chapter 4:

I jumped awake with a start as the bedroom door was pushed opened and slammed against the wall. The light was still on in the room because I refused to turn it off, so it was easy to see Vince smirking in the doorway.

"Time to get up. You get to talk to your dear parents today," He voiced, stepping aside and pointing my way. "Get him and bring him to the room."

Zayn and Liam stepped inside, both walking over to me and grabbing each of my arms. Zayn seemed somewhat passive to the situation, but there was a hint of anger in his eyes. Meanwhile, Liam was hesitant, a look of sorrow on his face as he whispered a low apology to me.

They lifted me up and basically dragged my out of the room I was staying in as I tried to catch my footing. They took me all the way down the hall, and there was a split second when I thought that they would turn to take me up to the main level, but they turned the other way and led me to the furthest room down the hall. The door was already opened, just waiting for my arrival. Liam and Zayn tossed me onto a wooden chair that was waiting there, taking my hands and tying them behind my back with a rope that burned my wrists as I struggled in their hold.

The room was darker than the one I was staying in and smaller as well. There was one single light that was right above me, a chain hanging from it that must switch it on and off. There was a table in the room, right beside me, and it made my heartbeat speed up as I saw what laid upon it.

There was a display that seemed perfect for torture. A knife or two, a pair of pliers, a couple of syringes that were (thankfully) empty, a gun that looked just like the tranquilizer guns that Liam and Zayn used on the night they took me, a hammer, and then a whole bunch of tools that I wasn't even familiar with. Seeing all of the instruments laid out on the table made me sick to my stomach. But the thing that absolutely broke me was the prepaid phone that sat on the edge of the table closest to me.

I wanted to cry and scream as the door opened again, Vince walking in with a devilish smile as Louis followed right behind him.

I was still confused on the relationship there. Louis seemed like a shadow of the bigger man, but everything he did seemed so controlled and calculated. It seemed like he was always five steps ahead of Vince-- who was more possessed by his moments of passion and fury. But still, Louis stood on the edges, even now. He was standing in the corner of the room, Liam and Zayn backing away from me to join him.

"This is how this is going to go," Vince said as he walked deeper into the room, moving over to me and leaning down to meet my eyes. There was nothing but greed within his own eyes. "I am going to call your parents, and you are going to beg them to pay whatever amount I decide to get you back."

I found it in myself to glare back at him. I did my best to show him that I wasn't afraid of him, even if I was actually petrified.

"My parents aren't going to give you their money," I stated, meaning what I said the day before. "They'd rather die before giving away an ounce of their fortune."

"But they are smart enough to know that their fortune will not continue to prosper if they have no heir to pass it on to, aren't they? Didn't your dear parents try for another kid? Didn't they fail at that?" Vince asked, and it was then that I knew they must have researched my family extensively.