Consequences

Hello everybody!

It's been a minute, but here is another chapter! I really hope you guys are enjoying the rewrite and all of the changes being made. Because the original moved way too fast and was completely ridiculous (in my opinion) this one will move a lot slower in the development of various relationships.

With that being said, what sorts of changes do you guys think you should expect? Is there anything you want to see happen? (Besides Harry breaking out -_-)

WARNING: small mentions of violence and of death

I hope you all enjoy this chapter! I am so excited for everything to unfold! 

Chapter 5:

I woke up to a knock on the room's door. It was light enough not to be someone full of violence and rage like Vince, but it was heavy enough to wake me from my nightmares.

I didn't even make a move before the lock was clicking open and the door opened to reveal Liam on the other side. Even in my sleep haze I found it off that he knocked in the first place. It's not like I could unlock the door and let him in even if I wanted to.

"Good morning," He greeted with a shy smile.

Morning? I had already lost track of the days and times. I didn't think it was that late when I went to bed last night. I was just trying to escape the pain and thoughts that plagued my mind. How could it be morning?

"Um, I brought you breakfast. Figured you'd be hungry after not eating for a couple of days," He commented, setting down a plate of scrambled eggs and bacon on the edge of the bed. I heard my stomach growl, knowing that I should eat if I wanted to keep my strength up to escape, but I didn't trust them for a second. I ignored the plate of food, seeing Liam frown at that.

"You should try to eat something, Harry-"

"Why are you pretending to care about my well-being? You were the one who told Zayn to look for me. That night... it was your idea. Why?" I looked up at him, seeing the sorrow behind his expression. "Why couldn't you just leave me alone?"

"It was just a job. I had to follow orders," He excused, but the gentle tone he spoke it was dripping with dishonesty.

"You don't really want to do this, do you?" I pressed, trying to break him in some way. I didn't know if it was possible, but Liam was the only one who seemed to show any shame for his actions. He seemed to be the weakest link in their operations. I just had to figure out how much force to use to snap that link.

"I...." He trailed off, staring down at his hands and squeezing his eyes shut.

"You can help me," I added. "You can help me escape, and everything would be fine. I wouldn't let you be arrested." A lie. "My parents could pay your way out. They have enough money to. If I could just get out of here, then I could-"

"What you did yesterday was really reckless," Liam interrupted, and I wanted to scoff at that. It was like he was trying to convince himself to hang in there; to not make a mistake that would cost him more than I was worth. "Do you have any idea what would have happened if Vince was the one who caught you?"

"Does it matter? His plan is to kill me after he gets my parents' money," I replied, hoping it would cut at him. Escaping was my only option. I doubted that my parents would ever give him money. I was as good as dead if I just sat here.

Liam frowned deeper at that, as if he somehow forgot that he was part of this group holding me hostage; that he was just as bad as the rest of them.

"Harry, he could seriously hurt you if you mess up. You'd beg for death."

It was a warning, but I didn't even need it. I wasn't in a position to be unaware of my circumstances.