Familiar Situations

Hello everyone!

I'm not sure how you all will feel about this chapter because it is a Ziam chapter, and it has been a while since I last updated. However, the next chapter will go back to focusing on Larry and their circumstances. If you recall, Ziam was also a big part of the original book, so this chapter digs deeper into their characters and begins their development.

WARNING: This chapter is rated M for mature as it does contain mature/sexual content. If it is not your thing, I would recommend reading only the first half of the chapter and maybe the last paragraph.

This encounter did happen in the original story, but you will notice a few changes to the backstory as well as the way it all goes down between Liam and Zayn because I wanted to make it more fluent and comprehensive. It seemed to randomly spew out in the original, so I hope this all makes more sense for the characters.

Thank you for the patience as I took my breath for a few weeks. Glad to be back! <3

Chapter 14:

Liam's POV

     "Is it really such a good idea to leave Louis alone with Harry?" I questioned in a low voice as Zayn and I entered the run down motel room that we would call our room for the night.

    We delivered the video as we were told, and we definitely had some interest shown by several reporters who picked it up on their doorsteps. Surely it would be on the news within the next few days, but the thought didn't satisfy me or reassure me. Instead, there was a pit in my stomach, making me fill with worry. Was this whole thing such a good idea?

     "What do you mean? This is how we always do things." Zayn spoke up, unzipping the bag he brought full of a change of clothes and night time necessities. It would be a bit of a drive in the morning to get back to the house.

    "Well... he seemed pretty upset with him when I walked into the room. What if Louis snaps like he's done before? What if he hurts Harr-"

    "He won't," Zayn interrupted.

    "What makes you so certain? We've both seen Louis snap before. He wouldn't mean to do it, but if he drinks, then-"

     "It won't happen," He repeated, sounding just as sure about it the second time. He turned to me, ignoring his bag of night clothes for a moment. "Louis won't snap at Harry. He wouldn't even let Vince hurt him. I doubt he'd hurt him himself. He's never hurt us, either."

    "He seemed upset. Um, Louis did. Do you think he's drinking right now?" I couldn't help but frown at the thought. Louis did more for me than I could ever thank him for. I didn't know why he was so sad inside, but I wanted to help him if I could.

    "Maybe," Zayn admitted, not a second wasted on sugar-coating. "Louis' old enough to make his own decisions. His struggle with whatever he refuses to talk about isn't our problem."

    "He helped us," I reminded. Although I wasn't sure what happened to Zayn to get him here, I knew that he did miss his family. He talked about them more than Louis would have liked him to. And whenever he talked about them the look of happiness on his face was shadowed by deep regret. I couldn't explain it.

     "He's not a hero. He's a person," Zayn pointed out, turning back to his bag and pulling out some clothes. "He saved us to use us, if you really think about it."

     I've never heard Zayn spout any negative thoughts about Louis, so it took me by surprise. I stared at him, watching the way he pulled out toothpaste and a toothbrush, setting it on his bed beside his night clothes. Every movement was nonchalant, as of he didn't care about the conversation we were having. At least, he didn't particularly care about the topic.