Holiday Special

Hello everyone!

This is a short holiday update for Stockholm Syndrome, and it is not necessarily canon to the story, but it's simply an extra piece to the story. Like an alternate universe to it that has the potential to happen or not. I hope you enjoy!

Warning: Slight reference to suicidal thoughts and self-blame

********************************************************

Harry's POV:

    It was more quiet than usual today. There wasn't a single noise coming from upstairs, and nobody visited my room yet. I knew that Vince was away, so Liam or Zayn would have come by at least once to bring me a meal. And Liam always tried to visit whenever he could. I think he believed that loneliness would drive me insane.

   I was sitting on the bed, knees pulled up to my chest as I waited rather impatiently for anyone to turn up. I didn't have any semblance of time, but it still seemed as if time was moving slower than usual. I was unsure what was going on, but I jumped upright, my legs falling to the side of the bed, as the door was finally being unlocked and pushed opened.

   Liam was walking inside, holding a tray of food in his hands and offering me a tiny smile that didn't quite meet his eyes or look real in the slightest. I knew a thing or two about fake smiles. My parents made me practice them for interviews and magazine photoshoots. I was supposed to be a poster child, and they paraded me around like a victory trophy. No flaws, no errors, and no faltering. I was supposed to be perfect.

   "Sorry for the wait," He apologized as he shut the door behind him and walked over to sit the food on the edge of the bed. He passed me a plastic fork so that I could eat. "Had to be a bit quiet this morning."

   "Why? What's going on?" I scooted over to the edge of the bed, finding myself whispering.

  "Just... not a good day." He was going to leave it at that, I could tell.

 "Is Vince coming back?" Liam shook his head, but he didn't say a thing. "Did... did something happen? To my family? To the Horans? Did they find something out? Did Vince find out about the plant to help me out?" Liam still didn't offer a reply, so I stood upright to close the distance between us, hoping for a reply. I reached out for his arms, begging him at this point. "Liam, if something happened, then I need to know--"

 "Nothing happened, Harry," He explained. "I told you that I would let you know if anything happened, and I will." He sighed as he shrugged off my hands. "And no. Vince didn't find out anything. The plan is still good, but it's up to Louis to put it into effect."

  "He hasn't talked to me since," I mumbled.

   It was Louis' idea to try and get me away from Vince and to safety. I found that I didn't want to leave him, and Louis came up with a way to pin everything on Vince. If it worked out, I would be getting away, going home, but so would Liam, Zayn and Louis. They wouldn't be blamed for a thing. Of course, it was only if it went as planned.

   "Don't take it personally. He gets a little... distance, I guess, this time of year."

  "What? Why?" I didn't think Louis would be someone who experienced or at least admitted to something like seasonal depression. He didn't enjoy showing any emotions. In fact, it was difficult to break through his shell, but I found that it was worth it. I didn't really know what I felt for Louis, but I strangely trust him.

   "Okay, I'll tell you, but you can't say anything about it."

  "Promise!" I easily agreed. Liam sighed as he ran a hand over his face, seeming exhausted already.