Power Dynamics

Thank you all for being patient while I took some time to myself. I am still feeling pretty anxious and terribly sad, but I can't survive without writing. Writing is the thing that I love most, besides music, so I will continue to write, but I will pace myself when I need to, so some updates and stories may come slower than others. Thank you for understanding.

This chapter introduces a new character that I am sure you guys will enjoy 😈

Have fun!

Chapter 3:

"Fucking idiots!" I heard a deep and booming voice yell. It made me jump awake and sit up in bed within a matter of seconds. Every single hair on my body stood at attention, listening to the utter fury within the voice speaking.

"There's no way! We were so careful!" I heard another voice respond, and that sounded like Zayn. I had no idea who the other voice belonged to.

"You weren't careful enough! There was a fucking paparazzi that night that took some pictures when they saw some weird shit going down. You are both in the pictures, and that's why the police managed to get there so quickly that night. You goddamn imbeciles," The other voice seethed, and I heard a grunt of pain from someone.

My whole body was shaking now, and I couldn't control my breathing.

The room was dark once again. I couldn't see a thing in the pitch blackness. It would take a moment for my eyes to adjust, but I was far too panicked to even try to see, blinking rapidly as tears began to fill my eyes again.

"It wasn't Liam's fault," Another voice spoke up. It was a voice that I have only heard once before. Liam and Zayn referred to the speaker as someone named Louis.

"Oh yeah? And where the hell were you? You should know never to trust these two misfits with such a huge mission. It was your job, Louis. I gave it to you to do."

"Liam and Zayn are perfectly capable of carrying out one job. You told me to get the job done, and I sent them out to do it because they've been successful before. Several times, I may add."

This guy sounded calm in his demeanor. He didn't seem worked up or intimidated the way Zayn sounded by this new person. I wondered what exactly the dynamic was.

"Besides, they got you a prize," Louis added on near the end, but it sounded like a near mumble, almost like he despised saying the words aloud.

After that, their voices got a lot lower, and I only heard slight muffles from a distant before I heard loud footsteps in the halls outside of the door. I tensed up and scooted up the bed as far as I could, trying to put some distance between me and the doorway to the room.

Within an instant, it was being unlocked and pushed opened, and a tall and broad-shouldered man was stepping inside.

He was older, much older it seemed than Liam and Zayn. He had dark hair peppered with grey and eyes that seemed pitch black and vacant of any empathy. He wore an evil sort of grin on his face as he flicked on the lights and saw me on the bed. He wore a suit, and a nice one at that, and I wondered if crime was able to pay for his nice things. It must be. After all, they wanted me to get to my parent's money.

"So, you two got me a big prize, I see," The man voiced as he stepped into the room. Liam and Zayn appeared in the doorway, both of them looking afraid. I didn't know if they were afraid for me or for themselves, but it made my stomach drop as my whole body trembled in true trepidation.

The man stalked over to me, and there was nowhere left to escape as his massive hand gripped at my chin and lifted my head up. His hold was bruising, causing an ache in my jaw as I looked up at him in fright.