chapter fourteen

"I think... that I need more time," Harry finished. "I don't- it just feels like a lot."

Draco didn't look too surprised, but his eyes dimmed a little.

"I'm not saying no!" Harry said quickly.

"I know... I'm just not very patient," Draco chuckled. "But I stand by what I said. I'm never going to force you into something you don't want."

Harry grinned gratefully, but his stomach tightened a little in worry. What if he took too long? Would Draco go and find someone else?

"Hey, don't worry," Draco said, stroking his cheek, misunderstanding his discomfort. "I'm not mad. I promise."

Harry nodded at him.

"Ah, Harry!" Madam Pomfrey said, hurrying inside. Draco snatched his hand away and Harry felt his face burn. The matron smiled softly.

"There's no need to hide it, boys. It's as obvious as the Headmistress's grey hair!" she flushed a little. "Don't tell her I said that."

Harry laughed, and Draco resumed stroking his cheek with a smirk.

"I came to give you a Sleeping Potion. Try and get some rest, Harry. You lost a lot of blood. You're going to need more than one day to heal." she pushed the vial into Harry's hands, and for once, he didn't argue with her. He downed the vial and passed it back to her.

His vision blurred, and Draco moved his hand up to pet his hair.

"Sleep now, love," he heard his boyfriend say.

"Mmm, stay..." Harry moaned, grasping weakly at the sleeve of Draco's robes.

"Of course."

DRARRY DRARRY DRARRY

"This is great! Now we don't have to see that git anymore!" Ron practically jumped with joy. Harry sighed.

"You're forgetting the part where we're mates, Ron," Harry said exasperatedly as they walked towards the Great Hall. Ron shrugged.

"Reject him then. He can't force you to be his mate."

"What if I want to be his mate?" Harry asked quietly.

Ron turned his head sharply. "You what now?"

Harry shook his head, but Ron reached out an arm to stop him. "Harry, do you like that guy?"

"Obviously, we're friends!" Harry said nonchalantly. He tried to shake Ron's hand off his shoulder, but the ginger wasn't as dumb as others perceived him to be.

"Harry, you fancy him, don't you?" Ron said, his eyes glittering with amusement.

"We're dating, if you must know," Harry confessed. Ron dropped his arm, and the two continued their walk to the Hall.

"Hermione owes me ten galleons now," Ron said happily.

"You knew?" Harry shrieked. Ron rolled his eyes.

"I'm not an idiot. I've been in love too."

Harry spluttered at the word. "I- I wouldn't call it-"

"Harry!" Draco said cheerfully. Harry turned around, and the sight of the Veela's gleaming grin made his insides melt into a warm puddle at the bottom of his stomach.

"Not love, huh?" Ron said knowingly, elbowing Harry in the ribs. Harry smacked him.

"I've been looking for you for ages!" Draco exclaimed dramatically once he had caught up to the pair. His arms made a motion as if they were going to wrap around his boyfriend, but they fell limp at his sides at the sight of Ron. Ron noticed.

"I already know," he said. Draco gaped.

"You told him?" Draco turned to Harry, who looked at the ground sheepishly.

"He's taking it surprisingly well."

"I'll leave 'the talk' to Hermione," Ron said, clapping a hand on Harry's back.

"Must we tell Granger?" Draco groaned. They walked through the doors and went to sit at their regular table. Draco hesitated.

"It'll look suspicious if I sat with you. I'll sit at my own table," Draco said. Before Harry could protest, the blond was already drifting towards the Slytherin table. Harry pouted.

"Cheer up, mate, I'm sure you two will find plenty of time to snog each other's brains out later." Harry smacked him again.

Hermione looked a bit put out when the two sat down.

"Something wrong?" Harry asked.

Hermione snapped out of her daze. "What? Of course not..."

The two friends exchanged glances. "Anyways..."

"You need to give me ten galleons now," Ron said bluntly, holding out a hand.

"I haven't got ten galleons on me right now, Ron. And why-" Hermione flushed and turned to Harry. "You mean it's true?"

"Mind explaining why you were betting on your friend's love life?" Harry asked dryly. Hermione and Ron didn't have an ounce of shame.

"For the money, of course!" Ron grinned.

"But Harry, why him?" Hermione pressed. "Maybe he's using you to get to someone else!"

"Who, you?" Ron joked. Hermione didn't laugh.

"Who else would he want to 'get to'?" Harry asked confusedly. "Hermione, you haven't got a crush, have you?"

Hermione flushed a deep red, and Ron's eyes widened. "Harry, don't be ridiculous."

Harry held up his hands in defense. "Hey! It was Draco who thought so!"

"You two were talking about me?" Hermione said, looking suspicious. Harry could have sworn he saw hope in her eyes.

"Can someone tell me what the fuck is going on?" Ron cut in. Harry didn't say anything.

He looked behind his bushy-haired friend to see Draco smirking at him. He flipped the blond off, making Hermione turn around. Her posture stiffened when she saw Draco smirking. The smirk slowly slid off his face.

She stood up and quickly hurried out the hall. Harry got up and followed her, hot on her heels.

It was about time he got some fucking answers.

***
lol get some bleach ready before reading the next chapter
and vote and commenntntntntntnt