chapter nineteen

The holidays were edging nearer, and the students of Hogwarts were excited. Harry and Draco had taken advantage of the several mistletoes that had hung up in the corridors.

"Look what we've got here."

Harry and Draco broke apart and narrowed their eyes at Smith, who was walking up the staircase with ease. He smirked at them.

"How does it feel being the school's favorite fags?" Smith sneered. Harry launched himself at him, but Draco held him back.

"It feels wonderful, Smith, truly," Draco answered. "But how does it feel being captain of the worst House team Hogwarts has ever seen? Your seeker lost to a first-year."

Smith flushed. "You can't talk, Death Eater scum. Always on the losing side, aren't you, Malfoy?"

Draco's grip on Harry's robe slackened, and Harry shot forward, grabbing Smith by his collar and lifting him a foot up into the ground. Smith gasped for air.

"You're pathetic," Harry said to Smith. The Hufflepuff swung his fist around and collided it with Harry's shoulder, making him lose his balance. The two tumbled down the stairs as Draco watched in horror.

Crash. Crash. Crash. Thump.

Draco sprinted down the staircase to see Harry lying in front of the entrance to the Hall, blood oozing out from underneath his head. He had broken Smith's fall, who looked pale and wan as he tried to revive Harry.

"Potter, whatever sick joke you're playing, it isn't funny. Wake up, please!" Smith pleaded. Draco shoved him out of the way and hoisted Harry's head into his lap.

"Go get help, you fucking idiot!" Draco yelled. Smith flinched but ran into the Great Hall at lightning speed. The doors clanged shut behind him. Blood seeped into Draco's robes and through his fingers, and Harry's eyes fluttered.

"Stay awake, you hear me?" Draco cried.

But Harry seemed a little too preoccupied to respond, merely grasping Draco's hand a little tighter before he went slack.

Hagrid pushed through them and scooped Harry's frail body into his arms, all but bolting to the Hospital Wing. Smith stood next to McGonagall, whose face was taut with ill-concealed concern. She had a tight grip on the boy's shoulder.

Overwhelmed with fury, Draco plunged a hand into his robes and pointed it at Smith. "You'd better fucking run."

Smith snarled, but the ghost of a tear slithered down his cheek.

DRARRY DRARRY DRARRY

"What are you doing here?"

Smith looked up from where he was sitting by Harry's bed and narrowed his eyes at Draco.

"Piss off."

"No, he's my boyfriend," Draco growled, sitting on the edge of Harry's bed.

The boy was pale but recovering slowly. His head was wrapped up like a turban, reminding Draco of Quirrel in their first year.

"Well... he's my classmate," Smith said, looking at Harry sadly.

"Don't bullshit me, Smith. You feel guilty. Sitting by his bedside until he wakes up isn't going to get his forgiveness. You only want redemption," Draco scoffed.

"So, what if I do? I didn't mean for this to happen! I don't want this kind of blood on my hands!" Smith panicked. Draco let out a gasp filled with disgust.

"You don't give two shits about him! You don't want your reputation to go to Hell!" Draco said, nauseated. "People like you are disgusting-"

"Well, so are people like you!" Smith fired, making Draco recoil. "People like you and Potter are fucking gross! Going around and flaunting your sins-"

"Boys!"

The two whipped their heads around to see Madame Pomfrey standing in the doorway to her office with a glare directed at Smith.

"I hope you know, Smith, that homophobia is a form of discrimination. And we do not allow discrimination in our school. So, if you know what's good for you, leave."

Smith hurried out of the room, and Draco put a hand on Harry's pale and sunken cheek.

"How long until he wakes up?" he asked the matron. She looked at Harry fondly.

"A few minutes should do the trick," she said and promptly left. Sure enough, Harry's eyes blinked open a few minutes later, and he looked around. Draco flung himself at him, sobbing into his shirt.

"You- you-" he hiccoughed. Harry laughed. "You and your bloody scar."

That made Harry's face erupt in a smile. He pulled Draco back by gently tugging on his hair and wiped away his tears.

"Looks like someone missed me," Harry beamed, wrapping his slender arms around Draco's neck and pulling him in for a kiss. Draco shifted so he was straddling Harry's waist and the two made out passionately.

"Oh, Merlin!" a voice yelled in surprise.

Draco fell off the bed in shock, and Harry stared at the small first year with a sheepish expression. She had a piece of parchment grasped in her hand, and she handed it to Harry.

"I was told to give this to you," she said. "It's from Headmistress McGonagall."

Dear Harry,

There's something important I must show you about Draco Malfoy. I'm afraid it's not good news.

DO NOT tell him about it. He may get angry and violent.

Meet me at the Astronomy Tower at the stroke of midnight tomorrow.

DO NOT be late.

From,

Headmistress McGonagall

PS: Destroy this.

Harry frowned, and Draco tried to peek at the letter once he got up from the ground. Harry immediately took his wand from his nightstand.

"Confringo!"

Draco jerked back as the parchment set alight, burning Harry's hand. It went up in flames, ruining any chance of Draco reading it.

"Harry," Draco said wide-eyed. "Why did you... what the fuck?"

"Sorry. It's uh, top-secret," Harry said.

"How's your hand? Are you alright?" Draco said, taking Harry's hand in his and looking at the burns with anxiety laced in the lines of his face.

"I'm fine," Harry said, snatching it back. Was this even the real Draco? What was he hiding? Was he screwing Harry over?

Draco frowned. "Alright... I'll go get you some food..."

Harry could see Draco was confused, but he was too curious about the contents of the letter.

What was he hiding?

***
harry why are you such a dipshit like...

anyways uhm vote and comment dfsjdfkdsfjsdf i simp for every one of u ngl for reading this u make my day, month, minute, year bla bla feel special fool