chapter twenty

Later that night, Harry's head was filled with paranoia, and the imprint on his mind feasted eagerly on it.

He probably never loved you, it hissed. Maybe this was all a plot. With the help of a few Confunding Charms, anything is possible.

"No," Harry said, but his voice was weak. "He loves me. He said so himself."

Does he love you for you? Face it, Harry, he, too, was one of the countless children that fantasized about shaking your hand.

Harry frowned and turned over in his bed. He cast a silencing charm around his bed; he didn't need his housemates to think Harry was crazier than he already was.

"Shut up. You don't know anything," Harry seethed, pressing a pillow around his head to cover his ears. But it did no use.

I know nothing, do I? I have been with you since you were just a year old, Harry. I know everything.

"NO! YOU DON'T!" Harry wailed, pressing his head into the mattress. "YOU KNOW NOTHING!"

Lies! You doubt him! You do not trust him! You don't love him!

Harry felt tears trickle down his cheeks as the voice taunted and ridiculed him, falling into a restless slumber.

DRARRY DRARRY DRARRY

The next day passed slowly. Harry spent most of it avoiding his boyfriend and wondering what he would find out on the Astronomy Tower. The smarter, logical part of him wondered why she would want to meet there. The scared part of him wanted to make sure that it was her letter, but the determined side of him needed midnight to come as soon as possible.

He hid under his cloak as he traveled up the narrow staircase and pushed open the door. There was a silhouette standing at the edge, their black hair swaying in the wind. Pale cheeks shone in the moonlight when they turned to look at him.

Pansy Parkinson.

"Potter," she said softly.

"I should've known," Harry said, berating himself for being so unbelievably stupid. If only he had told someone where he went.

His wand came out from his sleeve, and he held it in front of him defensively.

"What do you want?" he asked, hating himself for the shake in his voice, but it was difficult to keep his voice steady when all he could keep envisioning was the way he had been immobilised on this very tower and had been forced to watch as his mentor was killed.

"I want Draco," she said, stepping closer to Harry, making him step back. Soon, she had him backed up against the wall. "And you're stopping me from having him."

"So, what do you plan to do?" Harry said, standing up a little straighter, taking a step forward. They were nose to nose, glaring at each other with pure hatred in their eyes.

"I plan to do this." she suddenly grabbed his collar and spun him around, so he was the one facing the edge. With a great push, he tumbled to the edge, his arms flailing as he tried not to fall. Just as he had admitted defeat and let his body fall back, Pansy grabbed the front of his robes and pulled him close, staring into his eyes with glee.

"Goodbye, Harry Potter." and she let go.

Harry ripped through the air and his eyes filled with water. His tears were left behind as he fell, fear filling his soul. Harry was going to die. And he was going to die alone.

He should never have doubted Draco.

He heard a high-pitched scream in the depths of his mind and knew it was his mother begging and screaming for him. But there was no one there to save him this time.

He hit the floor, and everything went dark.

DRARRY DRARRY DRARRY

Draco ran through the corridors and out of the castle. Just in time to see a brunet being held at the edge of the Tower by a black-haired girl. He knew the boy was Harry. But who was the girl?

Harry had been under the impression that Draco hadn't seen a thing on the letter, but Draco had seen two words.

Midnight tomorrow.

Harry's reluctance to show him had only increased his curiosity.

So, he had gone looking for him.

But he was too late.

Because the girl had let go.

And his Harry was falling.

He was falling off the godforsaken Astronomy Tower and Draco was frozen to the shock.

Draco screamed in shock as he watched Harry plunge down at the speed of light.

As Harry hit the ground, a single crack resounded throughout the school.

And Draco felt his heart shatter.

***

fuck i was a little shit as a thirteen year old

anyways vote and comment