chapter sixteen

Harry walked with Draco through the corridors of Hogwarts. It was late, and they were being careful not to get caught. The night seemed to be the only time the two could be together, now that they didn't have to luxury of their own room.

"Come on, we're nearly there," Draco said, tugging Harry in the direction of the Room of Requirement.

A few minutes later, the pair found themselves in front of the familiar wall. Harry concentrated and paced around outside, and the large doors presented themselves. Harry and Draco pushed them open, entering with identical expressions of relief.

Harry felt his stomach tighten when he saw Hermione in the middle of the room, fidgeting slightly.

"Hi," she said quietly. "I thought you might come here."

"Hermione, I-" Harry gripped his boyfriend's hand tighter. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to talk to you." Her eyes darted to where Draco stood beside him. "Alone."

Draco hesitated, before stepping outside the room.

"I'll be right outside. If I'm not, I'm hiding from Flich," he reassured Harry.

After Draco left, Harry strode up to Hermione and engulfed her in a hug. She stiffened in his arms.

"You have no idea how much I've fucking missed you this past week," he said. Alarmed, she patted his head.

"Harry, I'm so sorry!" Hermione said. "I didn't mean for this to happen."

"It's fine," Harry lied. "I just missed our friendship. I don't want this to ruin things."

"I've missed you too," she said, her eyes shining. "I'm glad you gave me space."

"Ah, that was Draco's doing. I was going to go after you the minute you left," Harry admitted sheepishly.

"Draco and you seem to be doing good," she said with carefully concealed jealousy.

"Yeah," Harry smiled. "Look, Hermione, I'm sorry but-"

"You don't return my feelings," Hermione said, giving him a small smile. She ducked her head to look down at her shoes. "And I'm just another girl that has fallen head over heels for Harry Potter."

Harry shook his head and took her face in his hands. "You're not just another girl, Hermione. You're important to me. Maybe not in the way you want, but I know that I can't live without you."

She sighed, pulling away from him as if she couldn't stand his touch. "How's Ron?"

Harry was at a loss for words. "Hermione, he's... he's broken inside."

"I didn't mean for him to get hurt," she moaned despairingly, shaking slightly. Harry pulled her in for another hug and patted her back.

"I know," he said. "You can't choose who you fall in love with."

"But I do love Ron!" she said, pulling back. "I just love you more!"

Harry squeezes his eyes shut. "I'm sorry, 'Mione. I'm really sorry."

"Don't be. It's not your fault," she said quietly. "I guess this is the end of our friendship."

He sucked in a breath and opened his eyes. "The end of our friendship? Why the fuck would I let this be the end of our friendship! This is nothing! We've gone through worse!"

"But we got through it together, Harry! This is different," Hermione said.

"We'll get through this together as well," Harry promised. "We just need to convince Ron."

DRARRY DRARRY DRARRY

"After what she pulled? No fucking way, Harry!"

Harry and Ron were in the boys' dormitories, and Harry was trying desperately to get Ron to reconcile with Hermione.

"Please, mate! She feels so guilty! She cried all last night because she knew you would do this!"

"She was crying in your arms, I bet," Ron snorted.

"Ron, I AM GAY!" Harry said, exasperatedly.

"Yeah, but she isn't," Ron pointed out. "I forgive her and then what, she goes and starts developing feelings for Neville!"

"Keep me out of this!" Neville called from behind his curtains.

"She can't choose who she catches feelings for!" Harry said, trying to reason with him.

"Well, she can bloody well choose who she wants to screw, can't she? If she had feelings for you, she shouldn't have strung me along! She should've let me go, if she really loved me!"

Harry couldn't deny anything Ron had just said. "Ron-"

"Weasel, don't be difficult."

Harry turned around sharply to see Draco Malfoy standing there, looking incredibly bored.

"Ah, Draco! What are you doing here?" Harry asked, slightly alarmed.

"I'm here to talk some sense into Weasley."

"Yes, but how did you get in?" Harry asked.

"Apparently everyone here knows of our 'friendship'. So I used it to my advantage. You Gryffindor aren't all that bad," he said with distaste. Harry smirked.

"I doubt you're going to get throuc v gh to Ron," Harry said. Draco gave him the look. It was the look that meant 'don't question me, or I'll make it your worst regret'.

Harry hurriedly left the room, not wanting to be on the receiving end of Draco's wrath. He leaned against the door to try and overhear their conversation, but it was useless. It seemed that Draco had cast a Muffliato.

"Harry! I haven't talked to you in so long!"

Harry's back stiffened as he turned around to face a very happy Ginny Weasley.

"How have you been?"

DRARRY DRARRY DRARRY

"This isn't your business, Malfoy," Ron said, turning away from the blonde.

"It concerns Harry, so yes, it is," Malfoy said, rolling his eyes. "I know what Granger did was wrong-"

"Wrong? Bloody understatement-"

"I'm asking on Harry's behalf..." Malfoy said slowly. "You don't need to forgive Granger, but at least try to be civil with her."

"Why bother," Ron said coldly. "She doesn't deserve it."

"You're right," Malfoy nodded. "But... I know someone who could use it right now."

Ron sighed.

***
booooooppppdfsdjf

vote comment and love me )):